Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1 Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle.
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB’s mission is to reduce poverty and promote sustainable economic growth in the region. ADB’s main instruments for helping its developing member countries are policy dialogue, loans, equity investments, guarantees, grants, and technical assistance.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Logistics Management Unit (OAIS-LM) within the Institutional Services Division (OAIS). OAIS is under the Office of Administrative Services Department.
OAS manages the building, facilities and delivers over 70 diverse services essential for ADB’s operation. It provides administrative support to ADB Management and staff and delivers quality products and services at an affordable cost. The office is headed by the Principal Director (PD) and supported by Division Directors who manage the respective business units.
OAIS-LM is responsible for Asset Management, Mail and Messenger Services, Non-life Insurance Services, Printing Services, Shipping Services and Transportation Services. Asset management functions include planning, developing and executing policies, system and procedures for materials management, operation of warehouses, inventory control, retirement, replacement and disposal of ADB property.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Asset Management Assistant will, in compliance with internal controls and guidelines, contribute in the timely and effective receiving, inspection and acceptance of all deliveries, database system administration and maintenance, and provide administrative support to ensure safe, economic and efficient services. The incumbent will report to designated International Staff and/or senior National Staff.
- Participates in the efficient receiving and inspection of deliveries by conducting detailed inspection of deliveries.
- Ensures accuracy of suppliers/service providers’ delivery receipts/invoices; and acceptance by end-users prior to receiving in the Coupa Inventory module.
- Coordinates with the Fixed Assets Management group within the Logistics Management Unit in Office of Administrative Services (OAS) in determining accountability and barcoding of ADB property.
- Coordinates with the Procurement and Contracts Administration Unit (OAPC) in OAS by following up outstanding requests for procurement and deliveries.
- Coordinates with OAPC and end-users in case of discrepancies on the delivery of items requested.
- Prepares delivery findings for filing of insurance claims, coordinates with and provides guidance to OAPC and Logistics Management Unit in OAS on shipment of rejected items, defective deliveries, and wrong shipments.
- Coordinates temporary staging/storage area for deliveries and ensures optimal space allocation.
- Monitors activities of receiving contractor’s staff.
- Ensures compliance to ISO best practices in the delivery of goods by suppliers and service providers.
- Contributes to the comprehensive maintenance and data entry of goods delivered and accepted in the database by:
- Taking into account receipts, quantity, transfers, returns, and cancellations; and checking the accuracy of database entries against source documents.
- Participating in the continuous enhancements of business processes and test features of the database in consultation with Information Technology Department (ITD) and other departments concerned.
- Participates in the periodic physical inventory of ADB assets and supplies. Provides support in resolving discrepancies in accordance with approved inventory control regulations, guidelines and procedures.
- Assists in the set-up and use of bar code scanners, upload of data and maintenance of scanning equipment.
- Monitors the use of all forklifts for ADB loading and unloading purposes; and coordinates maintenance with the Facilities Planning and Management Unit (OAFA-FM) in OAS.
- Maintains an organized and updated file of deliveries. Provides support in downloading, printing and distribution of standard and ad hoc reports.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the position’s immediate supervisor, Unit Head, OAIS-LM and as reflected in the incumbent’s work plan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Engineering, or IT. Alternatively, university degree in related fields combined with additional relevant professional experience can be considered.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Basic working knowledge in:
- Policies, guidelines and procedures in asset management and inventory control particularly receiving, inspection, and warehousing.
- Computer applications (Coupa), and other standard software (MS Office); and workflow analysis
- Working knowledge of ISO best practices and procedures particularly on warehousing, receiving and delivery.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Able to liaise and work effectively with staff within own work location and throughout ADB and work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff Levels 4-5
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.