SI is seeking an Assessment & Evaluation Lead who will be responsible for the overall management and functioning of all evaluation, assessment, survey, and special study tasks, as well as related cross-cutting tasks under this activity. This position will be based in Dakar for the five-year period of performance, contingent upon contract award.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Senegalese citizenship will be considered.**
- Oversee evaluation, analyses, and assessments throughout the life of the activity, including scope of work development, data collection, design of methodologies and protocols, data analysis and reporting writing.
- Participate in assessments and evaluations, as needed.
- Ensure the quality of deliverables/reporting of all evaluations, assessments, surveys, and special studies.
- Oversee consultants and mid-level specialists who participate on assessment and evaluation teams. Ensure that short- and long-term evaluation team members recruited under this contract are of a high caliber and possess the required technical expertise.
- Minimum of eight years of professional work experience leading and participating in assessments and evaluations with significant expertise in related reporting to an international donor agency.
- An advanced degree in a field relevant to development assistance, international affairs, political science, sociology, economics, statistics, business, public administration, organizational development, communications, or a closely related field is required.
- Excellent qualitative data analysis skills including command of at least one coding software/program for qualitative data (Dedoose, NVivo, AtlasTi, etc).
- Excellent quantitative data analysis skills including good command of basic statistics, sampling methodologies, and statistical analysis software such as SPSS, STATA, or R.
- Substantial evaluation (both performance and impact evaluation) design expertise.
- Experience in performance monitoring and evaluation in complex environments.
- Extensive experience drafting and finalizing evaluation reports.
- Experience leading training for groups of various sizes and one-on-one on evaluation-related subjects.
- Experience presenting evaluation and assessment findings to various audiences using visually appealing methods.
- Demonstrated expertise in the USAID Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) framework preferred.
- Experience working in Sahel countries preferred.
- Experience working with USAID or other U.S. government programs preferred.
- Oral and written fluency in English and French required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.