Supports the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of area programs and ensures the integration of child protection principles; promotes establishment of and strengthening of Child Protection community mechanisms.
- Supports the development of Child Protection initiatives in target areas
- Ensures alignment of existing programs with child protection principles and goals
- Conducts onsite visits to program activities to monitor progress, assess program effectiveness and recommend program modification
- Provides support in the facilitation of community consultations, workshops and programs
- Liaises with other area child protection agencies and organizations
- Supports learning and capacity building of local partner and community stakeholders in ChildFund participatory program approaches
- Responsible for documentation of findings, results of participatory processes and overall project progress and impact.
- Supports ChildFund’s domestic advocacy efforts, with focus on child protection/ child rights issues
- Contributes to further development of ChildFund’s Child Protection Agenda within other target US communities including replicating best practices and documenting lessons learned
- Supports resource mobilization efforts
- Coordinates content collection ( stories, case studies, photographs, quotes)
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years’ experience in working in the human service or social services and/or with a non- profit agency, preferably community organization particularly in the Rio Grande Valley Texas
- Ability to work with children and communities and familiarity with issues affecting their lives
- Computer proficiency in general office software applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Demonstrated experience with the design, implementation, management and evaluation of programs preferred
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English; fluency in Spanish
- Must be able to travel to program locations; where applicable, valid state or international Driver’s License without violations in the past 12 months with proof of automobile insurance required
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Social Work or relevant human services discipline, or equivalent relevant work experience