Tetra Tech International Development Services seeks an Anticorruption and Civil Service Reform Initiatives Coordinator to support the USAID-funded Government Integrity Project (GIP) in El Salvador.
The Anticorruption Coordinator will be responsible for provision of assistance to IAIP, TEG, the Supreme Audit Authority, and a selection of other GOES beneficiary institutions in matters pertaining to anticorruption initiatives, as well as to the Office of the Technical Secretariat of the President in matters pertaining to ongoing civil service reform initiatives. The Anticorruption Coordinator reports directly to the Chief of Party in El Salvador.
* Oversee, provide direct technical assistance, as well as contribute to the design and monitoring of government-focused initiatives implemented by third-parties.
* In particular, the employee will assume the following responsibilities for the duration of the employment:
-Design and oversee the implementation of a coordination strategy of key anticorruption stakeholders.
-Plan and oversee anticorruption forums, conferences, and other public events.
-Assist and oversee expert technical support for anticorruption working groups and other cross-agency initiatives.
-Provide direct technical assistance, when applicable, to the Project’s anticorruption counterparts on anticorruption reform, comparative experiences, anticorruption crime prevention, investigation and sanctioning.
-Assist and oversee expert technical support to draft, consult and implement an agenda for anticorruption working groups and other cross-government initiatives.
-Oversee technical assistance or provide direct technical assistance depending on needs, to design and implement plans and activities to improve coordination and collaboration among government institutions whose mandates pertain to anticorruption.
-Draft or oversee the drafting of scope of works for research, studies or reports related to anticorruption.
-Identify and oversee the acquisition of equipment and technological solutions to improve the coordination and collaboration among government institutions whose mandates pertain to anticorruption.
-Manage regional exchanges, work studies and other collaborations.
-Oversee expert support to relevant legal reform initiatives.
-Oversee assistance to relevant stakeholders to promote the enactment of the new civil service legal framework.
-Facilitate and oversee, study tours, exchanges and alliances with regional institutions and actors that may contribute to the Salvadoran civil service reform.
-Oversee technical and logistical assistance or provide direct technical assistance when applicable, to the relevant commission of the Legislative Assembly as it discusses and consults the new civil service legal framework.
-Oversee assistance or provide direct technical assistance when applicable, to the GOES for initiatives to implement the new civil service legal framework.
* Contribute to the overall design, management, and oversight of the Project.
* Local professional in El Salvador who has a minimum of ten years of substantive experience in government or institutional reform efforts, including a minimum of five years in government integrity efforts (in fields such as: transparency, access to information, ethics, accountability, citizen participation, anticorruption).
* Advanced university degree, preferably a master’s level in law, political science, management, international development, public administration, public policy, or related fields (required).
* Experience that shows skills working in multidisciplinary teams, with project management, and/or government employment (preferred).
* Must have experience developing solid working relationships with government officials in order to implement initiatives.
* Candidate must be results oriented, and demonstrate problem solving skills.
* Demonstrate good oral and written communication skills in Spanish and English.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—17,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.