Anti-corruption Specialist, USAID Transparency and Rapid
Response Program (MTRRP), Mexico
MSI seeks an anti-corruption specialist to work with the Senior Transparency Specialist on the development and implementation of activities under a USAID-funded Transparency Rapid Response Project in Mexico. The purpose of this project is to assist the Government of Mexico’s federal and selected subnational entities in areas of accountability and transparency in conjunction with increased citizen participation.
**Please note: Only Mexican citizens are eligible for this position.**
- Provide technical and expertise on Mexican anticorruption and transparency laws, regulations, best practices, and implementation procedures.
- Design TRRP project interventions and activities for Government of Mexico and civil society organizations for inclusion in the work plan.
- Implement approved work plan activities, under the supervision of the COP and in coordination with TRRP staff and consultants.
- Provide technical assistance and capacity building to Government of Mexico and civil society organizations based on approved work plan activities.
- Support the COP for monitoring and evaluation data collection and analysis.
- Write occasional topical briefs on anticorruption and transparency issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Public Policy, Public Administration, Economics, Law, International Relations, Political Sciences, Social Sciences or related field.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience working on anti-corruption, access to information, and transparency issues.
- Demonstrated successful experience in establishing strong working relationships among governmental and non-governmental institutions.
- Ability to work independently, with guidance from senior staff, to achieve project objectives.
- Strong analytical and communication skills, including ability to engage stakeholder in dialog, lead formal meetings, design and conduct training, and produce high quality practical analytical reports and knowledge products.
- Strong managerial/leadership experience and decision-making skills.
- Strong ability to work in teams; creating an enabling environment, mentoring and developing partners and colleagues.
- Native Spanish and written and spoken English proficiency required.