Department: Energy and Resources Group (ERG)
Reports to: Senior Manager, ERG
Date: September 27, 2016
Function of the Position:
The Analyst/Senior Analyst for the ERG team will support the development and growth of ERG’s business portfolio. He/she will work collaboratively with the Senior Manager to build and manage DAI’s contract portfolio with corporate clients.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The percentages below are notional and may change depending on business needs.
- Corporate Client Business/Relationship Development (40%)
- Participate in identifying new business opportunities and conduct market and client research. Make recommendations to the Senior Manager as to which opportunities to pursue and provide recommendations as to the best pathway forward.
- Coordinate new business efforts by developing strategies, creating marketing material, drafting technical components of proposals, and working with other technical experts to craft technical proposal responses.
- Support the team to cultivate and develop strong client relationships through various mediums by helping arrange and manage meetings, emails, phone calls, networking events, and proactive follow-up communications.
- Serve as point of contact for sub-set of clients and manage weekly communications and outreach with select clients.
- Technical Delivery (30%)
- Maintain progress of engagements, including managing the schedule of technical deliverables, budgets and deliverable schedule.
- Generate inputs, edits, research, and analysis on various technical outputs.
- Conduct research to support technical engagements with clients.
- Develop PowerPoint decks, reports, briefs, and models in Excel. Work will support ongoing technical engagements in various countries and regions.
- Assist in generation of technical drafts and deliverables under guidance of Senior Manager.
- Project Management (30%)
- Provide administrative support in reviewing and processing invoices and contracts.
- Assist with logistics for technical teams, including making travel arrangements.
- Support and coordinate operations of the group including drafting and processing consultant contracts, sub-contract agreements, pricing strategies, budgets, and cost proposals with guidance from the Senior Manager.
- Evaluate business progress against targets and report to Senior Manager.
- Review technical deliverables for quality and accuracy.
Additional duties as deemed necessary.
- Grade 7: 4 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree; or 2 years of relevant experience and a Master’s degree
- Grade 8: 5 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years of relevant experience and a Master’s degree
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible, and team-focused work environment
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Experience with business development and/or proposal management
- Willing and able to travel internationally and domestically (30% or more)
- Excellent writing and communication skills
Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Experience working in start-up organizations
- Language skills including Spanish and/or French
- Experience in a technical field preferably in private sector/enterprise development, quantitative and qualitative analysis, value chain/supply chain, and/or extractive industries
- MPP/MBA or equivalent
Supervisory Requirements: None
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. EOE – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans