Eurasia Group, an independent political risk consultancy, is seeking a motivated analyst to help interpret and predict Washington political events for financial market and corporate clients. You will be based in the firm’s Washington office.
In this position, you will assess political risks related to a host of policy areas including health care, financial services, trade, and others depending on client demand. You will perform in-depth research and write both short analyses and longer papers on a host of topics, typically with short turnaround times. You will be fluent in US politics – or eager to increase your knowledge – with the ability to add analytical quantitative and qualitative rigor to Eurasia’s analysis of political and policy dynamics in Washington, D.C. and in the run up to key elections.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in Congress and/or the executive branch on economic policy issues, or covering such issues as a journalist or private sector analyst. You will have an established network in Washington and a determination to broaden your contact base. You will be ready to build on your understanding of how US political events impact economic and market outcomes and excellent analytical and presentation skills.
You understand deadlines and you write in a good, succinct style in native English standard. Most importantly you will have a passion to learn and push yourself to be part of a top analytical team with a global reach.
You will have a bachelor’s degree or higher in political science, economics, or another relevant discipline and substantial experience working in or writing about US politics. More experienced candidates are invited to apply.
Perks of working at Eurasia Group:
- An amazing mission — to help our clients capitalize on the opportunities and manage the risks created by the impact of politics on markets around the world.
- The opportunity to work with a talented and entrepreneurial team in a global environment.
- Flexible work environment, with contemporary offices located in New York (Flatiron), DC (DuPont Circle) and London (Clerkenwell).
- PTO bank of 23 days, 10 paid holidays and 2 summer Fridays.
- A strong belief in work-life balance.
- Competitive salary plus incentive compensation plan.
- Rich benefits package – EG contributes 82-90% to medical and dental premiums, 100% employer-paid LTD, STD and life insurance, 401(k) plus fully vested employer match and pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Business casual dress code.
- Employee referral program that begins at $1000.
Eurasia Group is an equal opportunity employer.