The Analyst is responsible for identifying potential clients and consultants and managing advisory assignments with clients. The Analyst will work with the clients to identify their business needs and identify areas for business advice, develop the scope of advisory projects and identify suitable consultants or experts for the assignments. He/she will manage advisory projects through the stages of conception, implementation, completion and impact evaluation. The Analyst will proactively manage his/her portfolio of ongoing projects ensuring it contributes to raising the quality of ASB projects in the country as well as their impact. The Analyst will support the Principal Manager to implement market development and visibility activities. The Analyst will interact with clients, consultants and ASB staff in the country and in HQ as well as with EBRD banking colleagues. Among other things the analyst will be responsible for the realization of the Women in Business Program, as well as realization of market development activities and visibility and promotional events.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Identify and pursue potential clients who meet the qualifying criteria, contributing to ASB and banking business development.
- Proactively diagnose clients business needs on site, identify priority areas for business advice and help them to identify suitably qualified consultants or international industry experts.
- Together with the client and selected consultant, develop the terms of reference and project proposal in line with ASB best practices.
- Apply the grant guidelines in finalising Grant Agreements with clients and assist them in negotiating underlying consultancy contracts with selected consultants or experts.
- Manage project implementation to ensure consultants deliver in accordance with the terms of reference and ensure continued client engagement to the project and prepare relevant reports in line with the project cycle, ensuring necessary supporting documentation is collected.
- Recommend project completion and subsequent disbursement of the grant to the client to the Principal Manager.
- Evaluate completed projects in accordance with established methodology in order to assess impact and provide analytical input for further analysis.
- Identify new local consultants to recommend to the Principal Manager for qualification and manage relations with existing consultants and organisations, ensuring a broad pool of expertise is available for ASB projects; Implement annual consultant review and regularly monitor developments in local consultancy market.
- Implement marketing and visibility activities to promote ASB and the funding donor/s in the country. Under the guidance of the Principal Manager, support the implementation of market development activities aimed to develop local consultancy market or disseminate best practices within sectors.
- Contribute to the development of internal and donor reports in partnership with the ASB HQ team to inform donors on the progress of activities and utilisation of funding.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelors degree (Business, Economics, Finance etc.) and/or equivalent business experience
- Relevant professional experience, preferably from commercial management consultancy, corporates or bank, donor organisation, or international financial institutions or international support programme.
- Knowledge of local business environment and consultancy market.
- Knowledge of business advisory services.
- Knowledge of donor funded work, donor organisations and national stakeholders such as regional development agencies, chambers of commerce & industry and other SME support organisations desirable.
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of the EBRD mandate
- Experience in working with SMEs would be desirable
- Experience working on projects with women-led businesses would be an additional asset
- Relevant experience in designing and organizing visibility and promotion activities would be an additional asset
- Strong business diagnostics skills.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills, understanding of enterprise financials desirable.
- Strong project management and organisational skills.
- Effective communication, presentation and negotiation skills and ability to manage relations with clients and consultants.
- Strong writing skills; experience in writing project proposals, terms of references or reports desirable.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal. Fluency in Bosnian also a necessity.
- Computer literate: excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel and Power Point, ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Business / financial analytical skills, with the ability to interpret accounts, understanding of local accounting principles and practice of company financial analysis.
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of the EBRD mandate, passionate about private sector development.
- Ability to work in team and multi-cultural environment.
- Multi-tasking, self-initiative.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively within the country and internationally.
Diversity is one of the Banks core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities.