Purpose of Job
EBRD helps countries in their transition to sustainable well-functioning market economies. The Results Management team enables the Bank to manage its operations effectively for achieving transition results (i.e. supporting countries in their transition to sustainable market economies) and to report these results to its internal and external stakeholders (Board of Directors, shareholders, donors, civil society etc.).
This is achieved through a set of frameworks, tools, processes and systems that constitute the transition results management architecture and together support the Bank to: i) set strategic goals that are underpinned by the key envisaged transition results; ii) put in place incentives for their effective implementation; iii) manage operations by monitoring performance and taking corrective actions; iv) measure, asses and report on transition results achieved; and v) learn from experience.
The results management work is of strategic importance as it relates directly to the Bank’s accountability to achieving and reporting on its transition mandate.
The Analyst is responsible for
- supporting transition impact related results management work with analytical input for transition performance assessment against the corporate scorecard and for the assessment of the results of the Bank’s investments, technical assistance and policy reform dialogue; it is both for internal institutional reporting and for external reports; providing support in the development, implementation and operationalization of results measurement frameworks on different levels of EBRD activities, including on transition performance indicators; contributing to increasing the efficiency of the transition impact monitoring processes and systems.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
Transition Impact Results Frameworks, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Provide analytical – quantitative and qualitative – support in the development, implementation and operationalization of results and performance frameworks on different levels, including investments, TC projects, country strategies, and institutional strategic priorities in line with EBRD results architecture.
- Propose improvements of Transition Impact Monitoring System (TIMS) for investment projects based on the ongoing refinement of results framework; developing templates on the improved approach of TIMS and guidelines on results terminology and developing harmonised monitoring indicators for each sector
- Support the portfolio quality control to ensure completeness, quality and consistency in monitoring
- Prepare and maintain the information databases, as well as support the development and leveraging of the IT systems to facilitate and enhance analysis of performance and results
- Provide high quality quantitative and qualitative analytical inputs on transition impact performance and results, including analysis of determinants of success/failure of delivery and assessment of the EBRD wider impact
- Provide analytical input for the assessment of impact of EBRD activities in a country and analysis of country strategy implementation based on country strategy results frameworks drawing upon results management systems, including TIMS and TC results framework systems, in the annual country strategy implementation reviews and new country strategies.
- Prepare analytical information on progress and achievements of technical assistance and policy engagements for teams’ scoreboards, as well as for all the results reporting documents both internal and external.
- Prepare analytical and visualisation input to improve reporting and communication on transition impact results of EBRD both internally and externally
- Provide statistical analysis underscoring institutional scorecard metrics development and then implementation, drawing upon the TIMS and TC results framework system
Result Systems and Processes
- Provide analytical input to improve the efficiency and effectiveness, including interconnectivity, of IT systems supporting transition impact monitoring as well as results management system at EBRD
- Contribute, through his/her analytical work, to necessary improvements in the efficiency of the process and cross-departmental relations during monitoring of results of EBRD activities.
Qualifications & Skills / Experience & Knowledge
- Masters Degree in economics or business administration
- Strong quantitative skills, a strong knowledge of Stata and managing large micro-datasets is an advantage;
- Strong analytical and synthesizing skills with the ability to interpret transition impact/micro-economic related information as well as the ability to understand and contribute to political economic analysis of the Bank’s operational environment in its countries of operations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Accuracy and timeliness in delivering high amount of work particularly for the regular internal reports
- Ability to cope with pressure when regular reports coincide with significant increase in ad hoc tasks
- Very good interpersonal communication skills to facilitate cross-departmental discussion and agreement on the results of the analysis/strategy or policy work.
- Previous experience of 2-3 years with country strategy preparation, policy advisory planning and delivery or
- Results management at an IFI or international aid organisation or with an international consultancy is an advantage (for the Results Analysis stream)
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working.