Purpose of Job
The Analyst, Economics (Regional), EPG provides support to the Principal Economist, Regional on macroeconomic and structural reform analysis and policy advice for one of the Bank’s sub-regions.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Monitor and analyse macroeconomic performance and risks, and assess structural reform progress in the countries of the particular region in order to provide input into key EPG and Bank products;
- Maintain department’s databases on the region and monitor local media and commercial sources about economic and policy developments in the region so as to provide up-to-date briefings to management;
- Contribute to EBRD’s country diagnostics and country strategy for Croatia;
- Draft contributions for the department’s regular publications, including the annual Transition Report, the flagship annual publication of EBRD;
- Prepare regular growth forecasts and long-term macroeconomic scenarios to be used in the financial models by the Banking department;
- Prepare presentations to be delivered in the Bank and to outside audiences;
- Occasionally represent the Bank at policy and research forums;
- Conduct theoretical and / or empirical research on economic issues of interest to the Bank;
- Contributes to Bank’s policy impact through participation in policy dialogue and technical cooperation engagements.
Qualifications & Skills / Experience & Knowledge
- Strong analytical background in economics
- Master’s degree in economics or equivalent from a leading university or Bachelors degree and several years of relevant experience in the field;
- Research or work experience in an area of interest to the Bank, including political economy, economics of development, financial economics, international economics and macroeconomics;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English;
- Experience of working with economic datasets and knowledge of statistical software packages would be an advantage;
- Fluency in one or more of the official language of countries in the particular region, in particular Croatian, is a strong advantage; fluency in other languages of the Bank’s countries of operation is also an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in teams;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Able to operate with independent initiative;
- Ability to operate sensitively and effectively in a multicultural environment;
- Willingness to travel to the EBRD’s countries of operation.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working.