Purpose of Jobs
The Analyst, Portfolio Manager position is central to the Bank’s structure of operations. In close cooperation with colleagues from other departments (Banking, Finance, Risk, OGC, Nuclear Safety, OCE, etc.), the Analyst, Portfolio Manager oversees the process and approves all disbursements (including loans, equities, grants, etc.) and post-signing, leads the process of any required changes to legal documentation between the EBRD and its counterparties to ensure that all operational, legal and credit risks are minimised
The Operation Administration Department is part of Operations and Service Management. Working closely with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of seniority the Analyst, Portfolio Manager controls the disbursement process and ensures that any post-signing risks are mitigated. Analyst, Portfolio Managers give training to bankers and clients on the relevant policies and procedures and therefore may be required to travel throughout EBRD countries of operations. Analyst, Portfolio Managers identify potential risks and problems, alerting relevant internal and external stakeholders and providing solutions. Analyst, Portfolio Managers may also be required, if appointed to work in the Syndicated Loans Administration team, to guide, inform, co-ordinate with and act on behalf of the B-lenders and co-investors in syndicated and parallel lending projects.
- Manages a portfolio of up to 90 operations which contain all types of Banking products and undertakes all tasks relating that portfolio including disbursements, waivers, consents, notices, amendments, prepayment and cancellations, reviews drafts and signs most of the necessary legal documents.
- Within the Syndicated Loans Administration team, manages 40-50 syndicated and parallel loans, and undertakes all tasks relating that portfolio including disbursements, waivers, consents, notices, amendments, prepayment and cancellations, reviews drafts and signs most of the necessary legal documents
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Review new and existing loan, equity, grant, bond and hybrid project documentation to ensure the accuracy of all financial details and compliance with the Bank’s policies and procedures within their portfolio.
- Approve disbursements and mitigate risks and losses by ensuring all client obligations as set as covenants and conditions precedent to disbursement are met or waived.
- Lead the internal approval process for waivers, consents, amendments and notices, drafting relevant legal documentation in order to protect the interests of the Bank and eliminate potential events of default.
- Facilitate the process of dealing with events of default with all necessary counterparties, to ensure all relevant procedures are implemented.
- Motivate and train Banking staff and external clients within agreed policies and procedures to maintain a high standard of work practices and ensure that objectives are met.
- If appointed to work in the Syndicated Loans Administration team, be the main point of contact for the B-lenders and parallel lenders after signing and manage all loans with an A/B or parallel loan structure to protect co-financiers’ interests and nurture opportunities for additional investments in the Bank’s operations.
- Advise relevant departments about specific waivers that may have significant implications for particular projects to ensure that the decision-makers are aware of the risks involved.
- Develop specialist expertise in products, processes and procedures to become a centre of excellence for the benefit of the Bank.
Recommend changes to existing policies and procedures to ensure relevance to current work and market practices
Knowledge Skills Experience
- Good bachelor’s degree preferably in business, finance or law from a leading university in a country of operations.
- Advanced banking, legal and credit skills are preferable.
- Comprehensive knowledge and extended experience in working with banking products including term loans, revolving loans, trade facilities, syndicated loans, equities, funds, bonds, grants, parallel loans, guarantees.
- Excellent problem solving, communication and presentations skills.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Commercial orientation and awareness.
- Attention to detail, strong analytical skills, and efficient multi-tasking and prioritisation skills.
- The ability to operate in an environment with continuously changing priorities and to resolve conflicts between various parties
Please note that CCTs, Interns and applicants working directly for a Board office can only apply for jobs advertised via the external careers website.