PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
The Malaria and Neglected Tropical Diseases (MNTD) program is a leader in the effort to end malaria illnesses and deaths, refine and develop tools and approaches, invest in national programs, and build data to empower national governments to pursue and maintain elimination.
PATH seeks to recruit an Analyst for the Integrated Surveillance Capacity Assessment and Planning for Neglected Tropical Diseases Project. Reporting to the Senior Manager, the Analyst will work closely with national programs, subnational health authorities, and other key partners, under the leadership of the World Health Organization (WHO), to generate evidence on the current state, barriers, and opportunities for developing or strengthening an integrated surveillance and response framework for neglected tropical diseases (NTDs)—including elements of data quality, data use, platforms, or processes, for periods after validation or verification of elimination.
- Support landscaping activities aimed at assessing the current state, barriers, and opportunities for integrated elimination and post-validation/verification surveillance (PVS) and response for onchocerciasis, lymphatic filariasis, and trachoma, specifically including utilization of surveillance systems outside of platforms established for NTDs
- Review evidence around the feasibility and adaptability of existing NTD and non-NTD surveillance systems at national and subnational level for integrating NTD surveillance for PVS
- Participate the design of a toolkit to guide the assessment and planning of integrated PVS and response for lymphatic filariasis, onchocerciasis, and trachoma
- Support data collection activities such as key stakeholder consultations; participate in data analysis; track and archive data and research results.
- Develop trainings and deliver tutorials to support in-country staff in use of developed toolkit
- Prepare reports and presentations to disseminate evidence to wider team, national NTD programs, collaborators and global policy makers