Purpose of Job
Minsk Resident Office is looking to hire an Analyst to assist with managing the private corporate debt portfolio in Belarus, contributing to the effective implementation and monitoring of the Bank’s projects.
He / She will initially support other more senior bankers to manage their portfolio of projects under the guidance and supervision of the Regional Portfolio Associate Director (PAD) and Head of RO. Once the Analyst acquires the skills and competences to manage transactions independently, he / she will become Portfolio Operation Leader (POL) and take charge of a number of transactions as agreed with the PAD and country management. The Analyst may also work in originating new transactions alongside other bankers, but his / her role in origination will be limited primarily to repeat transactions with portfolio clients. The focus of the Analyst may change according to business needs and as directed by the Associate Director, Head of Belarus.
This is a new position. It is in an exciting opportunity for a junior banker interested in working in a country with an important and growing corporate debt portfolio and developing skills to manage and monitor a diverse pool of clients.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
Under the guidance and supervision of the PAD / Head of RO and in line with the terms of reference for the POL, the Analyst’s main tasks will include, inter alia:
- Take responsibility as POL or Team member for the day-to-day implementation and monitoring of all projects to which the Analyst is assigned, including compliance with project agreements and Bank procedures related to disbursement; monitoring of progress of the project implementation and financial performance of the client; assessing evolving risk factors and monitoring and assessing covenant compliance.
- Detect and resolve early signs of distress through proactive client engagement, planning and executing client visits and reporting promptly on potential breaches or issues. The Analyst may participate in or lead restructurings of portfolio transactions.
- Prepare timely and comprehensive monitoring reports and include recommendations for corrective actions where required and ensure these proposed corrective actions and recommendations are brought to the attention of more senior team members; perform timely processing of waivers, amendments and consents and conduct self-evaluation of projects and provide feedback to origination teams.
- As Technical Cooperation (TC) operation leader, ensure effective implementation and monitoring of TC assignments to ensure their compliance with donor reporting requirements, operational objectives and that all reports are of a high quality;
- Be alert about new financing opportunities with portfolio clients, and if and when such opportunities are detected, seek immediate guidance from PAD, who will duly inform the Head of RO and Sector Director;
- Undertake regular surveillance of local economic, political, regulatory and sector environments in the country and region that could affect credit standing of the clients as well as the Bank’s internal reporting.
The responsibilities of the Analyst are designed to allow the Analyst to progressively undertake more complex tasks and build the scope of responsibilities based on acquired experience and expertise.
Qualifications & Skills / Experience & Knowledge
Qualifications and Skills:
- Relevant degree from a leading business school or university (e.g., economics, finance, accounting, business administration, law).
- Proven interest and sound understanding of business and finance.
- Professional qualification such as ACA, CFA, ACCA, or CIMA desirable.
- Quantitative/numerical skills are critical with the ability to interpret financial information and to design and use financial models.
- Credit analysis skills, with the ability to interpret accounts, ability to build and analyse cash flow statements, understanding local and international accounting principles and practice of credit analysis.
- Advanced financial modelling skills and ability to build and review financial models are core qualification requirements for this position
- Computer literacy, conversant with Microsoft Office and spread sheet packages including financial analysis and modelling modules.
- Good understanding of relevant systems and processes.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member under time pressure to meet deadlines
- Fluent written and oral communication skills in English and Russian/Belorusian.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Two years of financial industry experience from an investment or commercial bank, private equity firm, asset management firm, or auditing/financial consulting firm operating to international standards.
- Exposure to industry/country experience.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working.