Purpose of Job
The role provides support to the development and maintenance of the reporting infrastructure used by the business to provide data on the Bank’s activities, ensuring that it remains aligned with the evolving business needs of the Bank. The reporting infrastructure currently includes IBM Cognos, Alteryx Designer and Tableau toolkits, information presentation layers and portals. The role works closely with business subject-matter experts to support the design, development and maintenance process for the reports, portals and data visualisations needed to support both decision-making and the production of periodic reporting. The role will support the rationalisation and automation of report output wherever possible and ensure that all output is delivered in accordance with approved data governance standards and the EBRD Glossary.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Provide analytic support in the establishment of data requirements in support of new reporting requirements.
- Liaise with colleagues in Data Management and IT to introduce new data elements to the reporting systems and the Analyst Gateway as required.
- Under the guidance of more senior Data Management team members, provide analytic support to business areas across the Bank in the implementation of automated reporting solutions promoting self-service that include integration of data and data visualisations to the Bank’s reporting architecture and portals.
- Develop, test, and promote data integration workflows, standardised reports and visualisations based on user report specifications and in accordance with the Bank’s established data governance guidelines, reporting standards and best practice.
- Provide guidance and technical support to business users on the Bank’s suite of data analysis tools including IBM Cognos, Alteryx Designer and Tableau toolkits.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the Bank’s online reporting portals through the implementation of embedded data visualisations under the guidance of more senior Data Management team members and in collaboration with business units.
- Maintain the Bank’s report repository / catalogue to support reporting administration and maintenance.
Qualifications & Skills / Experience & Knowledge
- Data analysis experience such as data mapping between various source systems and target systems and definition of data transformation rules using Alteryx Designer.
- Solid experience of reporting and data visualisation tools including IBM Cognos and Tableau.
- Knowledge of management information reporting and data governance principles.
- Experience of management information and reporting within ‘blue chip’ or professional organisations
- Experience of data mining, relational and multi-dimensional databases
- Ability to tackle problems in a logical way, with good organisational skills, a keen eye for detail and high standards of accuracy and quality within their work
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain technical matters to non-technical audience using clear language
- Bachelor degree or demonstrated equivalent work experience
- Excellent written and spoken English, other languages a plus
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working.