The Analyst, Climate Risk will support the overall successful implementation of the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) principles within the EBRD’s operations and Climate risk operations.
The Analyst, Climate Risk will work on the development of the Bank’s TCFD methodology, its roll out across the Bank and its ongoing maintenance to ensure successful long term implementation.
In doing this they will help translate TCFD global taskforce guidelines into the ongoing operations across the bank. Supporting the Team’s Principals in interpreting how the TCFD guidelines affect risk reporting and ongoing operations of the EBRD, the Analyst, Climate Risk will develop, refine and maintain the implementation of the methodology.
The Analyst, Climate Risk will further be responsible for ongoing monitoring, drawing conclusions on improvement ideas and quality control of the implementation. They will be responsible to track market and regulatory information, research and learn the subject on an ongoing basis, and present concrete summaries to disseminate this information more widely. They will help develop training materials and thought leadership content. They will also support other initiatives relating to Climate Risk and provide input.
Reporting to Associate Director, Head of Climate Risk, the Analyst, Climate Risk will demonstrate a high commitment to the Bank’s mandate and institutional goals, as well as ability to drive performance excellence, support strategic thinking by helping design a structure approach.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
TCFD Methodology Development:
- Support development of the TCFD approach for all appropriate sectors across the bank in collaboration with all relevant departments (including conducting research and evaluation of best risk management frameworks, external benchmarks and potential external data providers).
- Methodology write up – support the write up of a detailed set of procedures addressing all TCFD-applicable aspects per department (including detailed risk disclosure reports, risk materiality articulated for all appropriate departments)
- Presentation – prepare initial draft of well-structured professional presentations on the above subjects.
Roll out and ongoing monitoring:
- Support the roll out across relevant departments, managing operational side of the pilots (e.g. collecting data, spotting inconsistencies producing “lessons learned”)
- Support creation of clear guidelines and training materials to accompany Bank-wide roll outs; support the training effort to help embed the new procedures; manage the training materials and ensure they are always up-to-date
- Own data output from pilots and ongoing roll out, ensuring it is reviewed and all inconsistencies and problems are identified and addressed
- Continuously review external content on TCFD and related subjects to maintain domain expertise within the Bank to include articles, reports
- Review other Banks’ and FIs’ disclosures; produce gap analysis versus our disclosures
- Help produce period output on developments in this field to disseminate across the Bank
- Support the operational and administrative aspects of the project, including recording interactions with all external and internal counterparts, producing the project reporting materials for governance meetings and the results of the pilot
- Review, assess and quality control the data reported for external publication
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Working as a credit risk analyst or a strategy consultant focusing on financial institutions or energy sector with a leading firm for 2 years’.
- Ability to understand and translate complex concepts to simple terms
- Strong excel skills and ability to quickly analyze financial models introducing sensitivities
- Expertise in powerpoint and structuring presentations.
- Data base assessment skills, data management and manipulation experience
- Knowledge of scenario testing and application to a broad data set
- Ability to build effective working relationships with colleagues in a multicultural environment.
- Working familiarity with the TCFD framework and Stranded Assets theme is an advantage.
- Driven and self-starter you manage an intense workload with proven ability of getting things done.
- Comfortable working with uncertainty in an evolving field.
- Performs well under pressure and can manage tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working.