The Analyst, Financial Strategy & Analytics, is responsible for modelling and analysing the Bank’s capital adequacy metrics, supporting the presentation of key financial data to internal and external stakeholders, and working on analysis of the profit drivers of the Bank’s business segments. This role reports to the Associate Director of the Financial Strategy and Analytics team, but would work closely with the two Principal Managers in the team on specific aspects of the team’s work programme.
The Analyst, Financial Strategy & Analytics, role is within the Financial Strategy and Analytics team. The team has five staff and is responsible for:
- the Bank’s overall capital planning and adequacy (using a variety of measures, including computation of regulatory capital ratios, rating agency metrics and economic capital);
- financial planning and analysis of financial performance;
- reviewing and updating of the Bank’s financial policies;
- providing analysis required to support the Bank’s AAA/Aaa credit rating (and the dialogue with rating agencies); and
- performing scenario analyses and testing the resilience of the Bank’s capital position.
The Bank’s financial policies include the capital adequacy policy, prudential limits framework, liquidity policy and provisioning policy. Through this work, the department plays a key role in the Bank’s strategy formulation, implementation and review processes.
It should be noted that as an International Financial Institution the Bank is not subject to any specific bank regulation, but aims to be in line with relevant best practice. A key capital management objective is the maintenance of the Bank’s ‘triple-A’ credit rating.
Facts and Scale
- Assessing/ measuring the capital adequacy of the EBRD which has a capital base of around €17 billion and balance sheet assets of around €65 billion.
- Biannual computation of regulatory capital ratio and quarterly computation of other capital adequacy metrics. This role includes co-ordination at a working level with a number of teams across the Bank including Risk Management, Banking, Controller’s, Treasury and IT.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Capital adequacy and risk
- Coordinate the modelling of the Bank’s capital adequacy under rating agency methodologies and support reviews of the implications of these methodologies on the Bank.
- Specific responsibilities in the production of biannual computations of regulatory capital (Basel) ratios across Banking and Treasury investments, derivatives, FX and other elements.
- Modelling of regulatory and rating agency capital implications in scenario analysis, including stress tests.
Reporting and presentation of key financial and capital data
- Work on presentations providing key messages for internal and external presentations on the Bank’s financial fundamentals. These include inter alia: the Board of Directors, rating agencies. These presentations are important for transparency and also for strengthening perceptions about the Bank.
- Work supporting the structuring and reporting of operational, risk and capital metrics within the Bank.
- Support in depth analysis of specific P/L items such as margins and equity
- Preparation of quarterly, annual and historic reporting packs
- Assist in the maintenance of reports available to support portfolio managers in Banking teams
Investment Profitability Model (IPM)
- Technical support and assistance in model maintenance and development
- Reporting and analysis of IPM results
Please note that CCTs, Interns and applicants working directly for a Board office can only apply for jobs advertised via the external careers website.