Team: Operations and Service Management – Operations Banking / Treasury
The Analyst in Operations Banking / Treasury is a subject matter expert across the main tasks in the team and is responsible for the funding and timely settlement/management of EBRD’s Banking and Treasury products across global markets.
Operations Banking/Treasury is responsible for the management of all Banking/Treasury transactions from inception to maturity across all global markets. This requires accurate capture in the Bank’s Treasury and Accounting systems which in turn feed data to the Banking and Risk systems, thereby enabling the measurement of client/counterparty risk and the application of limits and controls as appropriate.
The role interacts with a wide cross section of both internal departments and external organisations to ensure the Bank’s transactions are structured, accounted for and settled in an accurate and timely manner without exposing the Bank to unnecessary financial or reputational risk. The Analyst will have experience of the majority of tasks performed by the team and provide guidance and support to junior members of the team. The Analyst is involved in high level transactional discussions that relate to deal settlement across multiple products and markets.
Facts and Scale
- Works within one of four teams consisting of 2-7 team members. Team player with ability to work independently on a daily basis.
- Collectively responsible for the settlement of USD 1 billion per day in transactions contributing to a total balance sheet size of €50 billion and P&L of up to €1 billion, plus between 150 – 200 Donor Funds with an aggregate value of €1.5 billion.
- Collectively responsible for the settlement of between 50 and 200 trades per day.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Undertakes investigations and inspections of data, processes and practice in accordance with
- established procedure to identify potential or actual compliance issues and raises issues identified with Principal.
- Provides advisory services to internal/external clients relating to practice area, where requested. Ensures there is no misalignment between policy and practice.
- Contributes to the development of procedures within own area of specialism to ensure the function best responds to the Bank’s needs.
- Updates procedures to reflect changes to policies and in current practice.
- Responsibility for the checking and authorisation of other team members work to ensure accuracy in processing/settlement of Bank’s transactions.
- Assist/support the Associate/Principal in the Associate Director’s absence
- Processing/settlement of complex Banking and Treasury transactions across multiple markets as directed
- Liaising with external agents/custodians/brokers for settlement and issue resolution
- Monitor internal accounting ledgers to identify and clear breaks for products as required
- Process/check output from all systems in relation to new and amended agreements
- Liaising with Banking, Treasury and OGC for the processing and timetabling of complex Banking and Treasury transactions
- Prepare and releases SWIFT payments and send funding instructions to Treasury
- Preparation of adhoc internal reports and reconciliations as directed
- Liaise with various departments throughout the bank to ensure the correct booking of the various transactions.
Knowledge Skills/Experience and Qualifications
- Higher education degree in Finance, Business Administration or Finance/Treasury related subjects
- Fluent English language skills, both verbal and written
- Provide guidance and advice during deal negotiations
- Ability to organise and prioritise effectively to meet deadlines
- Banking/Treasury product knowledge is required to settle trades across the global markets.
- Confident and articulate spokesperson for team with ability to influence
- Knowledge and understanding of the Bank as a whole, outside of relevant team/department
- Strong computer skills with emphasis on Excel
- Experience with Summit, Frameworks, SAP and SWIFT systems
- Additional relevant language would be beneficial
- Previous experience in a relevant Operations department
- Experience of interpreting legal documentation
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working.