The Analyst is responsible for identifying potential clients and consultants/international industry experts and managing advisory assignments with clients. The Analyst will work with the clients to identify their business needs and identify areas for business advice, develop the scope of advisory projects and identify suitable consultants or experts for the assignments. He/she will manage advisory projects through the stages of conception, implementation, completion and impact evaluation. The Analyst will proactively manage his/her portfolio of ongoing projects ensuring it contributes to raising the quality of ASB projects in the country as well as their impact. The Analyst will support the Principal Manager to implement market/sector development and visibility activities. The Analyst will interact with clients, consultants/international industry experts and ASB staff in the country and in HQ as well as with EBRD banking colleagues.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
· Identify and pursue potential clients who meet the qualifying criteria, contributing to ASB and banking business development.
· Proactively diagnose clients business needs on site, identify priority areas for business advice and help them to identify suitably qualified consultant/international industry expert.
· Together with the client and selected consultant/ international industry expert develop the project work plan in line with ASB best practices.
· Apply the grant guidelines in finalising Grant Agreement with client and assist them in negotiating underlying consultancy contract with selected consultant/ international industry expert.
· Manage project implementation to ensure consultants/experts deliver in accordance with the project work plan and ensure continued client engagement to the project and prepare relevant reports in line with the project cycle, ensuring necessary supporting documentation is collected.
· Evaluate completed projects in accordance with established methodology in order to assess impact and provide analytical input for further analysis.
· Identify new international industry experts and manage relations with existing experts and organisations, ensuring a broad pool of expertise is available for ASB projects.
· Implement market/sector development and visibility activities to promote ASB and the funding donor/s in the country. Under the guidance of the Principal Manager, support the implementation of market and sector development activities aimed to develop local consultancy market or disseminate best practices within sectors. Contribute to the development of internal and donor reports in partnership with the ASB HQ team to inform donors on the progress of activities and utilisation of funding.
Essential Skills, Experience & Qualifications
Bachelors degree (Business, Economics, Finance etc.) and/or equivalent business experience
· Relevant professional experience, preferably from and IFI, commercial management consultancy, corporates or bank, donor organisation, or international support programme.
· Knowledge of local business environment and consultancy market.
· Knowledge of donor funded work, donor organisations and national stakeholders such as regional development agencies, chambers of commerce & industry and other SME support organisations desirable.
- Business / financial analysis skills, with the ability to interpret accounts, understand local and international accounting principles, and apply such analysis to clients to determine their financing needs and investment readiness.
- Strong business diagnostics skills.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to draw insightful conclusions.
- Strong numerical skills, experience in impact measurement and assessments or similar (econometric analysis); experience working with databases desirable.
- Strong project management and organisational skills.
- Strong writing skills; experience in writing reports, project work plan and donor proposals desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to interface with multi-country teams.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal. Fluency in Ukrainian, Russian languages.
- Computer literate: excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel and Power Point, ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of the EBRD mandate, passionate about private sector development.
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment.
- Multi-tasking, self-initiative.
- Ability to meet deadlines. Ability and willingness to travel extensively within the country and internationally.