Purpose of Job
An Analyst is sought to work in the EBRD office in Skopje with dedication to the sustainable infrastructure sector (transport, municipal, and environmental infrastructure). The EBRD seeks a professional with the experience, capability and enthusiasm to become part of our growing success story in the country.
The Analyst role is to provide support to the project preparation and implementation process under direct and continuous supervision from Operation Leaders. The Analyst contributes to all phases of the project cycle, including project origination, structuring, execution, implementation and monitoring.
The Analyst will take responsibility for the tasks assigned to him/her by the Operation Leaders or more senior members of the project team, or more senior bankers, which may include undertaking comprehensive due diligence, including financial, market, integrity and EBRD policy compliance, as well as effective post-signing implementation and monitoring.
The Analyst carries out these tasks as part of a project team under the guidance of the Operation Leaders or under the supervision/guidance of more senior bankers.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
Under the guidance of the operation leader or a more senior banker:
Structuring and Execution
- Work as a project team member on transactions, contributing to all aspects of project structuring and execution, including comprehensive research and analysis of background materials, market information and financial performance data; analyse and evaluate potential risks related to the proposed project, including analysis of financial statements, preparing and updating financial models and financial projections;
- Assist with the designing and processing of technical co-operation assistance, and internal approval documentation, to support the related investment project or the related policy dialogue initiative;
- As may be requested, assist with communication with other internal units of the Bank, clients and other stakeholders, at the operational level, such as preparing draft correspondence, presentations, and following up on internal emails;
- Ensure that all tasks assigned to the Analyst are completed within the specified time frames to a high quality and in line with the policies, procedures and objectives of the Bank.
Portfolio Monitoring, Value Creation and Reporting
- As requested by the Operation Leaders or a Portfolio Manager, undertake assigned tasks relating to the implementation and monitoring of projects to which the Analyst is assigned as part of the project team, including compliance with project agreements and Bank procedures related to disbursement, monitoring of progress of the project and financial performance of the client, assessing evolving risk factors and monitoring and assessing covenant compliance as set in the respective project’s legal documentation;
- As requested by the Operation Leaders or more senior member of the project team, prepare timely and comprehensive draft monitoring reports and include recommendations for corrective actions where required and ensure these corrective actions and recommendations are brought to the attention of more senior team members; The Analyst will be expected to act proactively and to display a solution oriented approach;
- As may be requested by, and under the supervision of, an Operation Leader, assist with the effective implementation and monitoring of consultancy TC assignments associated with the respective projects including communication with clients who will benefit of such an assistance , monitoring of grant and TC funds usage, preparation and filing of relevant TC progress reports and completion reports to support the Operation Leaders to meet donor reporting requirements and operational objectives.
The responsibilities of the Analyst are designed to allow the Analyst to progressively undertake more complex tasks and build the scope of responsibilities based on acquired experience and expertise.
Qualifications & Skills / Experiences & Knowledge
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree preferred or equivalent experience in the areas of expertise.
- Professional qualification such as ACA, CFA, ACCA, or CIMA desirable.
- Quantitative/numerical skills are critical with the ability to interpret financial information and to design and use financial models.
- Credit analysis skills, with the ability to interpret accounts, understanding local and international accounting principles and practice of credit analysis.
- Computer literacy, conversant with Microsoft Office and spread sheet packages including financial analysis and modelling modules.
- Good understanding of relevant systems and processes.
- Ability to work effectively and flexibly, as a team member and to deadlines and under time pressure.
- Ability to work well as part of a multi-national team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Good command over the local language is strongly preferred.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Relevant financial industry experience in the infrastructure sector from an investment or commercial bank, private equity or consultancy firm, asset management firm, or auditing/financial consulting firm operating to international standards.
- Exposure to infrastructure sector /country experience.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working.