For a period of at least 2-3 years the Analyst will be exclusively focusing on managing existing projects in the private corporate debt portfolio, contributing therefore to the effective implementation and monitoring of the Bank’s projects. After this initial period of 2-3 years, the focus of the Analyst may evolve to partially include origination and execution, according to business needs and as directed by the Head of Tunisia.
The Analyst carries out these tasks under the supervision/guidance of regional Portfolio Associate Director, and will benefit from guidance from more experienced RO bankers.
The Project life-cycle involves several stages from origination to signing, followed by implementation and monitoring until full completion and repayment or exit. All the stages involve different tasks such as business marketing, project due diligence analysis, structuring and approval, negotiation and signing of project agreements, disbursement and monitoring.
The role of the Analyst is to contribute to the implementation and monitoring of corporate debt transactions, in line with the Bank’s operational objectives. Under the guidance of the regional Portfolio Associate Director, the Analyst takes responsibility for the day-to-day implementation and monitoring of these projects.
- Contribute as designated Portfolio Operation Leader to the implementation and monitoring of approximately 12 existing projects across the Tunisia portfolio;
- Carry out other relevant tasks assigned by more senior members of the project team or more senior bankers;
- Under the guidance of the regional Portfolio Associate Director, communicate with other internal units in the Bank, client counterparts and other stakeholders;
- No budgetary responsibility;
- No direct reports.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Portfolio Monitoring, Value Creation and Reporting
Under the guidance and supervision of the regional Portfolio Associate Director (‘PAD’) and in line with the terms of reference for the Portfolio Operation Leader (‘POL’), the Analyst’s main tasks will include, inter alia:
- Take responsibility as POL or Team member for the day-to-day implementation and monitoring of all projects to which the Analyst is assigned, including compliance with project agreements and Bank procedures related to disbursement; monitoring of progress of the project implementation and financial performance of the client; assessing evolving risk factors and monitoring and assessing covenant compliance.
- Detect and resolve early signs of distress through proactive client engagement, planning and executing client visits and reporting promptly on potential breaches or issues. The Analyst may participate in or lead restructurings of portfolio transactions.
- Prepare timely and comprehensive monitoring reports and include recommendations for corrective actions where required and ensure these proposed corrective actions and recommendations are brought to the attention of more senior team members; perform timely processing of waivers, amendments and consents and conduct self-evaluation of projects and provide feedback to origination teams.
- As TC operation leader, ensure effective implementation and monitoring of TC assignments to ensure their compliance with donor reporting requirements, operational objectives and that all reports are of a high quality;
- Be alert about new financing opportunities with portfolio clients, and if and when such opportunities are detected, seek immediate guidance from PAD, who will duly inform relevant Head of RO and Sector Director;
- Undertake regular surveillance of local economic, political, regulatory and sector environments in the country and region that could affect credit standing of the clients as well as the Bank’s internal reporting.
The responsibilities of the Analyst are designed to allow the Analyst to progressively undertake more complex tasks and build the scope of responsibilities based on acquired experience and expertise.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Relevant degree from a leading business school or university (e.g., economics, finance, accounting, business administration, law); top tier leading business schools preferred .
- Proven interest and sound understanding of business and finance
- Client relationship management
- Quantitative/numerical skills are critical with the ability to interpret financial information and to design and use financial models.
- Credit analysis skills, with the ability to interpret accounts, understanding local and international accounting principles and practice of credit analysis.
- Computer literacy, conversant with Microsoft Office and spread sheet packages including financial analysis and modelling modules.
- Good understanding of relevant systems and processes.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member, with strong communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to meet deadlines under time pressure.
- Fluent written and oral communication skills in English and French; Arabic is an advantage.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Relevant financial industry experience of at least 2-3 years from an investment or commercial bank, private equity firm, asset management firm, or auditing/financial consulting firm operating to international standards.
- Exposure to industry/country experience.
- Excellent knowledge of the Tunisian market.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working.