SI is seeking an Agriculture Evaluation Specialist to assist in an evaluation funded by USAID through Millennial Alliance. They will assist in developing the design of the evaluation tools, leading data collection activities, and conducting analysis. The M&E specialist will work closely with USAID, Implementing Partners (IPs), and SI team to ensure that the decisions made are appropriate to the agricultural sector. This position will be a short-term consultancy, and work will be done in India.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Indian citizenship will be considered.**
- Conduct interviews, surveys, site visits, document review and focus groups.
- Support the design of the data collection methodology and instruments, following USAID evaluation policy guidelines, and responding to other technical guidance provided by SI.
- Provide technical expertise and lead efforts in evaluation design, methodology and data collection instruments.
- Perform an in-depth assessment of the program’s evaluation and information needs, systems, and processes.
- Analyze the data and assist in the drafting of the final report.
- Assist evaluation team in the presentation of findings in the Final Report.
- Advanced degree in a related field.
- Minimum of six years’ experience in the design, implementation, and/or evaluation of agricultural programs, with a focus in food security domain.
- Strong knowledge of USAID regulations related to evaluation of agricultural projects.
- Demonstrated experience in qualitative and quantitative data collection methods, and data analysis.
- Demonstrated expertise in measuring the socioeconomic effects of agriculture and food security interventions in developing countries.
- Demonstrated the ability to conceptualize and structure evaluation activities and produce high quality evaluation reports.
- Ability to clearly and consistently organize, manage and present complex information to a broad array of target audiences.
- Ability to work collaboratively and collegially with teams of varying skills in a cross-cultural environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Fluent written and spoken English is required; fluency in Hindi preferred.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.