Our team is a leading provider of Digital Transformation services for Federal agencies. Our services focus on enabling agency mission and business transformation using industry-leading low-code platforms, mobile applications, robotics process automation, and data analytics platforms. We are partnered with some of the world’s leading and most innovative companies like Salesforce, ServiceNow, Microsoft, and UiPath. We focus on offering a full range of architecture and planning, system implementation, integration, analytics, and O&M for our customers.
We are seeking an experienced Agile Coach to lead our teams as they deliver customer requirements on the AWS cloud utilizing SAFe Agile best practices and methodologies.
- Train and coach executive leadership, program, and scrum team members clarifying roles and responsibilities and offering motivation and support, as necessary.
- Establish a constructive working relationship with the Product Owners/managers, Development team, Stakeholders, and Sponsors
- Facilitate the efforts of multiple teams and the greater organization to employ Agile practices that maximize product delivery and value.
- Guide teams into the Agile methodology, providing employees with feedback and means of improvement, catalyzing organizational growth, and answering questions.
- Provide hands-on support and collaboration across the organization leading teams toward further understanding and adoption of Agile as well as overall company growth and improvement.
- Must be able to obtain a Federal Public Trust per Federal contract requirement
- 3+ years SAFe Agile Coaching experience
- 5+ years SAFe Agile Team Environment experience or as a scrum master
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) certification
- Federal Government project experience a plus
- SAFe Certification preferred
- Strong knowledge of and background with Agile concepts and agile software development
- Prior programming experience
- Capable of dealing with and managing conflict
- Able to work effectively in an environment with many competing and high priority demands
- Bachelor’s degree
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world’s toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)