*Please include a cover letter with your resume describing your interest in the position and how you meet the qualifications.
**Other locations will be considered
The Reproductive Health Supplies Coalition (RHSC) is a global partnership of more than 500 public, private, and non-governmental organizations dedicated to ensuring that all people in low- and middle-income countries can choose, obtain, and use affordable, high-quality supplies and related services to ensure their better reproductive health. Our global Secretariat is staffed and managed by PATH, an international, nonprofit organization that helps communities around the world break longstanding cycles of poor health.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
The Advocacy Officer will lead efforts to use effective advocacy for furthering the RHSC’s priorities under its new funding framework for 2021-2025. A key component of the incumbent’s success will be the ability to engage the advocacy community around those priorities. In addition to being able to coordinate multi-partner initiatives, well-developed communications skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a geographically dispersed team are critical. This position will be based in Washington, DC and will report to the Deputy Director.
- Serve as a global leader in advocacy for RH supply security.
- Engage the advocacy community around and in support of the RHSC’s supplies-focused priorities.
- Lead RHSC efforts to champion and bring to the attention of the donor community, disadvantaged countries that find themselves in need of donor support.
- Lead efforts by the RHSC and partners to advocate for increased investment of domestic resources in RH commodity security (which could include national procurement; supply chain strengthening; supply plan development; etc.)
- Support and backstop the Advocacy & Accountability Working Group (AAWG). Plan and facilitate regular meetings, maintain member engagement, communicate results to the wider RH community, and unite diverse partners around clearly defined RHSC priorities.
- Assist AAWG members, as requested, to develop competitive proposals for the Innovation fund.
- Lead Secretariat collaboration with and support to Inter-agency Working Group on RH in Crisis (IAWG) Advocacy sub-working group.
- Regularly engage with other Secretariat staff, especially technical officers, to identify supply challenges, policy needs, etc. that could be addressed though advocacy and/or by the work of the A&AWG.
- Other activities as required.