CARE is seeking an Advocacy Campaigns Coordinator to join the Policy & Advocacy Department (PAD), which works to galvanize the social and political will needed to influence USG policymakers to adopt and fully implement policies that support the efforts of poor and marginalized people in the developing world to realize their rights and improve their lives.
The position is responsible for facilitating the development, implementation and evaluation of campaign plans to advance CARE’s work on our priority issues including food and nutrition security, sexual and reproductive health, women’s economic empowerment and humanitarian emergencies – all viewed through a lens of gender and women’s empowerment. PAD has organized itself into cross-functional (government relations, citizen advocacy, learning tours, communications) teams around each issue. The Advocacy Campaigns Coordinator will organize, facilitate and track follow-up on issue team meetings and will provide a strategic overview across all issue areas. The position will also coordinate monitoring and evaluation of PAD’s work with the Knowledge Management and Learning Manager.
- Develop campaign plans
- Organize and facilitate issue teams
- Strategic overview and allocation of resources
- Monitor, evaluate and adjust plans as needed
- Staff Management/supervision
- Undergraduate degree, Master’s preferred in a relevant field, including international relations or international development, public policy, social sciences or business management;
- 3-5 years’ experience in social or political campaigns;
- Strong skills in campaign design and management;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate well with others and develop and maintain positive working relationships;
- Strong organization and planning skills.