PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH’s Advocacy and Public Policy (APP) department works to improve global health by increasing awareness and support of global health priorities by policymakers, coalitions, and other influential individuals and groups. The department is part of a team of more than 40 staff, across five locations worldwide, responsible for advocacy for policy change in the areas of maternal, newborn, and child health (MNCH), research and development (R&D) and pandemic preparedness.
PATH is seeking a Policy and Advocacy Officer to execute advocacy strategies to inform and influence US policymakers and related tasks in support of this goal. The Policy and Advocacy Officer will report to the US and Global Policy Manager and work closely with other members of the US and Global Policy & Advocacy team and other PATH program teams.
- Assist in the design and lead the execution of Congressional outreach strategies to support policy objectives across the team’s portfolio. This will include influencing appropriations and other legislative priorities by identifying targets, scheduling meetings and Hill days, coordinating with legislative consultants, representing PATH in meetings including direct outreach to members of Congress and staff, ensuring regular written correspondence with Congressional contacts, and liaising with Policy Communications team to develop supportive materials.
- Monitor and analyze legislation and other policy developments to assess risks and opportunities for PATH; write and disseminate legislative updates for internal and external audiences.
- Conduct analysis to help shape PATH policy objectives and work with PATH communications team to translate findings into sharable advocacy content.
- Identify, build, and manage relationships and networks with partners and coalitions and coordinate to undertake joint advocacy actions.
- Represent PATH at global health and international development community meetings and coordinate debrief of information to PATH teams.
- Support the engagement of PATH leadership and program experts in relevant meetings, committees, and fora in the US.
- Conceptualize, coordinate, and execute policy events and briefings in collaboration with external partners and APP’s Policy Communications team.
- Write content for PATH documents and communications including blogs, newsletters, social media, policy reports, fact sheets.
- Assist in writing and dissemination of regular updates to PATH staff and donors.
- Manage external consultants and partnerships, including assisting in the creation of contracts and agreements and tracking deliverables.
- Support the monitoring and tracking of outputs, policy objectives and deliverables.
- Other duties as required.