PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multi-sector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
The communications officer will work in collaboration with the PATH Ghana team. This work will provide country communications support to PATH activities for the Malaria Vaccine and COVID19 vaccinations portfolio. The officer will represent PATH in planning and implementing communications activities.
The officer will provide full-time communications support in collaboration with the project’s staff.
The communication officer will:
- Assist PATH colleagues working on malaria vaccine and COVID19 immunization activities.
- Assist country-based focal points for communications working on the project (including from WHO and the Ghana Health Service, Ministry of Health) through the activities listed below.
In general, the Advocacy and Communications Officer will:
- Participate in meetings and conference calls and maintain regular communication (including through written updates) with PATH colleagues as well as partners working on the project.
- Collaborate with PATH colleagues, partners, and others on the development of communications work plans, objectives, and activities, and identify ways in which PATH can support these efforts.
- Assist PATH colleagues, partners, and others in executing communications plans that align with and are supportive of the objectives of the project.
- Support efforts to sustain stakeholder engagements and interests in PATH immunization work.
- Work with PATH to maintain briefing packets about on Malaria Vaccines and COVID19 vaccinations.
- Help to define processes for issues management and for maintaining risk communications plans.
- Help to monitor social and traditional media for reports on the RTS,S and COVID19 vaccine deployment in Ghana.
- Help to document lessons learned in the continued implementation of the vaccine programme.
- Prepare presentations for meetings and ensure meeting outcomes are well documented, as needed and/or requested.
- Be able and willing to travel within Ghana as well as internationally.
- Assist in preparing reports related to communications work on the project.
- Perform other duties as assigned.