ChildFund International USA (ChildFund, http://www.childfund.org) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization registered in the USA and working in 24 countries throughout Asia, Africa, and the Americas to help children grow up healthy, educated, skilled, and safe. ChildFund has extensive programs in Uganda and Zambia which are implemented with full participation of youth, children, families, CBOs, local and national governments and NGOs.
ChildFund is leading a consortium for the USAID-funded Sustainable and Supportive Family Care and Protection Systems for Children Activity (the “Activity”) with proposed programs in Uganda and Zambia.
The Activity aims to develop stronger national and related subnational and community systems to achieve the following outcomes in targeted countries:
- focusing specifically on families at-risk of child-family separation, increase the capacities of families to raise their children in a nurturing, violence-free environment in which children’s fundamental needs are met.
- focusing specifically on children outside of family care, increase the capacities of families to enable children to reintegrate into their own families or live in family-based alternative care or domestic adoption.
- reduce the number of children in residential care facilities and increase the availability of family-based alternative care.
ChildFund is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Senior Technical Advisor. The hiring of this position is contingent to award.
- Responsible for the technical leadership of the project, leading the design, implementation and evaluation of all its technical deliverables.
- Support the Project Director with a focus on project results.
- Represent the project on technical matters to USAID, host country government, sub-grantees and project stakeholders.
- At least 8 years of overall professional experience, including experience with programs focused on the prevention of family-children separation and/or the management of child-family reintegration, and/or the strengthening of the social workforce.
- At least 4 years of professional experience as a technical advisor or program manager of donor-funded programs.
- Demonstrated skills in project reporting, preferably for USAID-funded projects.
- Familiarity with policies and programs in Uganda, Zambia or other African countries on the prevention of family-children separation and/or the management of child-family reintegration, and/or strengthening of the social workforce.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- A team leader, self-starter and results-oriented individual.
- Ability to supervise and/or implement multiple tasks simultaneously, work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, presentation, and public speaking.
- Strong collaborator, with the ability to influence and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Native or advanced proficiency in English.
- Candidates must have authorization to work in either Zambia or Uganda.
- Ability to travel (25%).
- A Master’s Degree is preferred. Candidates with a Bachelors degree and with substantial technical experience/training will also be considered.
TO BE PROVIDED BY APPLICANT
- Detailed CV in English.
ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children.