The Advisor, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and KML Advisor is responsible for supporting the quality and efficiency of data collection, data analysis, and the production of reports, presentations, and other knowledge products. The Advisor, M&E KM&L supports the global M&E system and MEL needs related to key grants and global and national program models. S/he designs tools and templates that transform data into information and information into knowledge and facilitates learning across the organization. S/he supports the introduction of new technologies and platforms; manages platforms that house data, information, analytics, reports, etc.; and supports their ongoing efficient use by various levels of the organization. The M&E KM&L Advisor represents ChildFund externally in professional working groups, committees and events.
Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
Global MEL Platform Development and Management
- In collaboration with the Senior Advisor, MEL identify appropriate technology platforms for the consistent and efficient collection and management of global M&E data.
- Support efforts to ensure platform users have the training and support required to utilize the platform.
Global MEL Data Collection Tools and Processes
- Support the development, testing and management of necessary data collection tools for the full range of global M&E activities, and update as programming, accountability and research needs evolve.
- In collaboration with the Senior Advisor, MEL develop guidance, training and support materials to enable MEL stakeholders to utilize data collection tools and ensure data quality.
Global MEL Data Aggregation & Analysis Processes
- Support the global M&E data aggregation and analysis processes.
- Support MEL stakeholders on the use of guidance and tools to enable COs and partners to undertake their own standard data aggregation and analysis processes.
- In collaboration with the Senior Advisor, MEL undertake standard and specialized data analyses to meet the needs of partners, Global Operations, P&P, Fundraising and the Executive Team as required.
Development of Reports for Internal and External Use
- Support the development of standard dashboards, and design reporting templates and other data visualization tools to enable the management of global MEL processes and to support managers’ knowledge and understanding of programmatic progress and results.
- In collaboration with the Sr MEL Advisor, support the develop data analysis plans and deliver standard reports for global M&E results.
- Develop and deliver standard and custom data reports, as assigned.
- Identify and pursue funding for secondary data analysis, data visualization and program evaluations.
Project and Program Model M&E
- Support the development of MEL frameworks and plans for key grants, as required.
- Support the development of monitoring & evaluation tools, baseline and endline evaluations of key grants, as required.
Knowledge Management & Learning (25% LoE)
- Represent P&P as a member of the global KML network
- Support global initiatives related to KML strategy, development, governance and execution.
- Facilitate collaboration among countries through supporting documentation, learning and sharing and promoting further standardization
- Ensure key KML processes are established within P&P, and support their consistent use within the division (e.g. identify, create, store, share and use knowledge).
- Support development of an organizational culture that leverages and improves KML.
- 5-8 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation and knowledge management, particularly in the international development setting
- Experience in data collection, data analysis, the presentation of findings, and the engagement of others into the interpretation and implications of findings
- Proven ability to prepare training materials, guidelines, and lead capacity development of field-based staff in international settings
- Experience facilitating meetings, workshops, (remote) trainings, and consultations
- Ability to produce different displays, summaries, reports, research briefs and other data-based products to facilitate user-friendly consumption of information
- Experience using statistical and qualitative analysis software packages, as well as spreadsheet, graphics, and presentation software
- Demonstrated competence in assessing priorities and managing a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment, working under pressure with grace, and meeting deadlines with attention to detail and quality
- Demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff, clients, and consultants
- Willingness and ability to travel to challenging locations
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with operational research and program evaluation methodologies, including quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Bilingual (English with French, Spanish, and/or Portuguese).
- Bachelor’s degree in a social science relevant to ChildFund’s core business; Master’s degree preferred
ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
NOTE: All interested applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. (for Washington DC applicants) or in the specified country (for Global applicants) at the time of application.