The Christian Reformed Church in North America is looking for a part-time (20 hours/ week) Administrative Specialist to manage all administrative and office support activities for the Direcotr of Congregational Renewal.
To apply, complete an online application attaching a current resume and cover letter by November 22, 2019.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following:
1. Answer and screen phone calls, provide information as needed.
2. Respond to general requests for information and materials and ensure proper handling of all general correspondence.
3. Schedule appointments and handle the logistics for meetings, routine conferences, and travel.
4. Coordinate and organize all aspects of conference(s) (e.g., research and choose venues, arrange travel and transportation of attendees, collect and organize event material and other necessary logistics).
5. Prepare, including drafting and editing, correspondence and reports, and presentations.
6. Organize and maintain all correspondence, files and records.
7. Record and distribute minutes from assigned meetings.
8. Prepare and process invoices, check requests and expense reports as applicable.
9. Routine copying, printing and gathering of information, as needed.
10. Work with appropriate department to ensure that information is correct and up to date on applicable web-sites.
11. Input pertinent information into the applicable database system, as requested.
12. Other duties as assigned.
1. Able to respect and support the mission, vision and values of the CRCNA
2. Demonstrated intermediate proficiency in commonly used computer applications
3. Basic knowledge of standard procedures, practices and equipment in a professional office setting.
4. Proven ability to plan and organize tasks and responsibilities including multitasking, setting priorities and deadlines, etc.
5. Basic verbal and written communication skills.
6. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and external contacts.
1. Some college coursework
2. Knowledge/skills related to standard office routines and equipment. Prior office administrative experience preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
● Traditional climate controlled office environment