DAI seeks an Administrative & Logistics Assistant for a five-year, $24 million dollar USAID-funded agriculture program. The Feed the Future Uganda Inclusive Agricultural Markets Activity (FtF IAM) works with agro-industry/agribusiness firms, Government of Uganda institutions and agencies, and market actor organizations on creating efficiencies in cross-market functions that enhance systemic changes to sustainably increase incomes and improve the livelihoods of households through agriculture-led inclusive economic growth. The Activity contributes to the Global Food Security Strategy (GFSS) Uganda Country Plan goal of reducing hunger, malnutrition, and poverty, as well as the USAID/Uganda Country Development Cooperation Strategy’s (CDCS) 2016-2021 five-year goal of strengthening Uganda’s systems to accelerate inclusive education, health, and economic outcomes. The Activity works throughout the FtF Uganda Zone of Influence (ZOI), which covers 38 districts spread across four regions of Uganda.
- Responsible for the financial, clerical, and administrative tasks in the Kampala office.
- Assist the Activity team to maintain daily office functions.
- Coordinate logistical support.
- Monitor office equipment and supplies.
- Responsible for routine administrative tasks, including but not limited to distribution of invitations, letters, books, meeting minutes, and other printed materials as needed.
- Support office with printing, copying and binding materials.
- Ensure Activity staff administrative needs are met.
- Assist with Activity travel, such as coordinating hotel bookings, ticket reservations, and car arrangement.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as directed by the Administrative & HR Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 2-3 years of progressively responsible administrative experience.
- Experience with USAID human resources, procurement policy, or logistics preferred.
- Ability to apply laws, regulations and instructions and interpret DAI and USAID policy.
- An extremely well organized individual with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgement, and strong operational focus.
- Previous experience with financial duties, including handling of petty cash.
- Fluent English required.
The Administrative & Logistics Assistant will supervise two Drivers.
Base of Operations:
The Administrative & Logistics Assistant reports to the Administrative & HR Manager.
Please apply via this link https://fs9.formsite.com/daisuppliers/uxs0irngkl/index.html by December 15, 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. No phone inquiries, please.