Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Handicap International is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside disabled and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
For further information about the association: http://www.handicap-international.us
Present in more than 55 countries, Handicap International is composed of 2 operational directions:
– The Direction of Humanitarian Action
– The Direction of Development Action
CONTEXT OF THE MISSION
Regarding the approaching cyclone in the Caribbean Islands, HI is preparing its emergency response. Hurricane Matthew is now a massive storm forecast to pass on or very close to Cuba, Jamaica and HaitĂŻ and â potentially â to cause damaging effects to these countries. Thus, if those countries request for assistance, HI will be part of the emergency actors involved into the humanitarian response, in order to support the most vulnerable affected by the catastrophe.
Under the direct responsibility of the Head of Mission, in coordination with the flying team and with the support of the Finance Controller and Human Resources Officer of the Emergency desk at the HQ level, you will be responsible for:
– Ensure that local legislation is respected and that a legal framework is established
– Maintain and develop the administrative organisation and operating framework: administrative management, management of contracts, etc.
– Ensure the good use of funds according to HI and donor guidelines
– Centralize the accountancy, control all the budget affectation end ensure financial follow up of programs
– Responsible of financial reporting to the headquarter on monthly basis
– Ensure proper administrative management of human resources: HR policy, recruitment, administrative management of staff, training management, supervise the administrative staff
– In charge of negotiation and relationship with local and administrative authorities.
You must be flexible enough to takeover any other responsibilities in case of gap or new exceptional activity.
– University diploma in Finance, accountancy, HR or generalist
– MBA or Master in Finance, Management, Economics or related area is an asset
– Strong experience in the related field – at least 3 years
– Experience in a emergency context is MANDATORY
– English mandatory
– Spanish is a strong asset
– Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
– Ability to work under high pressure with a great level of personal organisation
– Diplomacy sense
English : Fluent
Spannish : Good
â˘ Starting date: ASAP
â˘ Duration: to be determined
â˘ Status: salaried, according to experience