The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks an Administrative Associate for a one-year, fixed term, renewable appointment based in IFPRI’s New Delhi Office. The successful candidate will provide the designated staff with necessary administrative support, including but not limited to making travel and accommodation arrangements, setting up meetings, processing invoices and expense reports and maintaining office supplies. Interested applicants must have work authorization to work in India.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist staff and collaborators with travel arrangements. This includes arranging itineraries, purchasing air tickets, preparing visa applications, performing travel-related research, booking accommodation, drafting visa letters and invitations, compiling travel folders, and processing post-travel paperwork and payments.
- Serve as logistics point person for meetings and events. This includes reserving meeting rooms, ordering catering services, communicating with Facilities Services and IT Services for room setup and IT needs, compiling/printing meeting handouts, taking minutes if needed, and communicating logistics information to participants. Support for meetings based outside includes selecting appropriate venue/hotel and negotiating contract inclusive of meeting support services to be provided by venue staff.
- Coordinate visitor arrangements such as office reservation, keys, per diem, hotel accommodation, and travel arrangements if needed.
- Provide office support as needed, including ordering/organizing office supplies, preparing international shipments, reporting and following up on maintenance and/or IT issues, processing invoices and credit card bills, editing/formatting documents, purchasing workplace materials/equipment, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Exceptional organizational skills, with a proven ability to manage multiple competing priorities and keep track of many details.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization and a wide variety of internal and external contacts.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills; proven ability to be flexible in a team-oriented approach with diverse groups of people.
- Must be highly motivated and efficient while maintaining good customer service skills
- Highly proficient with computers and related software, including Microsoft Office.
- Excellent typing skills required: 50-65 wpm preferred.
- Ability/willingness to travel internationally if needed.