Effective Date:December, 2015
Pact values and supports a diverse work environment.
Position Summary: Included, but not limit to, are the following duties: Coordination and support to office, issuing purchase orders, managing timesheets; the controlling of all property leases ensuring that termination clauses are adhered to; the purchase and
maintenance of office equipment; receiving visitors, receive and screens calls and make travel arrangements.
Core Values: Pact employees embrace the following core values as representatives of the institution:
• all people have a right to participate in decisions affecting their lives
• gender equity is mandatory for social transformation
• resources are allocated in a transparent manner, guided by accountability to our clients and Pact’s role as steward of resources intended for the poor
• diversity in background, gender and age strengthen our capacity to be wise managers of public and private funds
• teamwork and collaboration shape our day-to-day working relationships
• innovation and risk taking to achieve impact and broad scaleable results drive strategic priorities
• gathering and sharing information are primary roles for all employees
• staff growth and advancement are a priority, including training and professional skills building to increase knowledge and competence and to stay abreast of new developments, especially in technology
• a healthy balance between work and life outside of work must be maintained for work satisfaction and fulfillment
Key Performance Areas:
• People management
• Representation and relationships
• Manage the front desk (answer phone calls, process mail and receive visitors)
• Carry out general office operation and administrative support tasks
• Provide logistical support to programme functions such as workshops, trainings and field visits
• Arrange appointments as requested by Senior Management
• Make travel arrangements and accommodations bookings for all Pact staff for local and foreign travel
• Accurately prepare Internal General Requisitions with supporting documents for all Pact
• Ensure that office if kept clean and provides a safe, healthy and conducive environment for Pact staff to be productive in their work
• Ensure office equipment is in good working order arranging for service and maintenance as required
• Maintain Pact Zambia’s asset register
• Assist with procurement in accordance with Pact policy
• Maintain records of equipment and stocks of consumables stored in the office
• Ensure all financial transactions made before and during trainings including disbursement of allowances and any reimbursements are done so accurately and in accordance with Pact policies.
• Liaise with the Landlord and contracted Security Company to ensure that adequate security measures are in place to safeguard staff and pact property.
• Maintain all general office files (electronic and paper-based)
• Work effectively with finance, Programme and any other staff to promote the effectiveness and efficiency of Pact’s work
• Work effectively with Pact’s Headquarters responding to requests as required
• Make arrangements for foreign visitors to Pact Zambia
Representation and Relationships
• Maintain good relations with suppliers and service providers
• Promote Pact’s work and strengthen engagement with our partners, office visitors and other stakeholders.
• Strong verbal and written in communication skills in both English and local language
• Good Computer skills (MS Office)
• Holder of a relevant diploma in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or similar field is desirable but not essential
Previous Experience & Other Job Requirements:
• At least 2 years’ experience working in an administration in a busy office environment
• Good people management and interpersonal skills able to lead and motivate others
• Demonstrates impeccable integrity and business standards with previous clean track record of handling cash transactions
• Well organised with an eye for detail.
• A self-starter who is well organised with completer finisher attributes
• Good time management with the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks
• Outgoing and hospitable. Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide range of people
• Passionate about serving others