This position will support administrative and operational tasks for the USAID-funded energy project in Papua New Guinea. The goal of the USAID PNG Electrification Partnership Project is to contribute significantly to achieving the goal of 70% electrification by 2030.
Under the supervision of the Office and Logistics Manager, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for ensuring systems and administrative procedures are followed, coordinate meetings, maintain project databases and filing system, and provide logistic and administrative support for the implementation of project activities. Essential duties are listed below.
The position will be based in Port Moresby.
- Handle logistical arrangements for meetings and workshops i.e., preparation of training materials, request for workshop supplies, arrangement of travel and lodging accommodation of participants and project staff, request for cash advance, as applicable and necessary;
- Ensure all activities follow RTI’s Finance and Administration (F&A) policies and procedures;
- Assist the project and staff in organizing official business appointments;
- Provide support to the project in producing letters and other correspondences, preparing basic tables and graphics, as needed, and in the reproduction and assembling of reports;
- Assist in the collection/collation of data or information needed in the preparation of reports, as necessary, including collection and encoding of Attendance Sheets for cost share reporting;
- Support Office and Logistics Manager with general office upkeep, including maintenance of common areas, project vehicles, office equipment and supplies;
- Establish and maintain an efficient filing system of project documents specific to the project according to the established filing system of the Project;
- Coordinate the timely processing and payment of all staff travel claims, vendor and supplier payments and other transactions with Finance;
- Coordinate cluster teams’ travel and activity requirements with courier, accredited travel agencies, car rental companies, hotels and other suppliers, and request for travel advance, in accordance with Finance and Administration (F&A) policies and procedures;
- Receive telephone calls and perform reception duties, as needed, in a professional and courteous manner; and
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum Required Education & Experience:
- High school completed or vocational training and 3 years of experience
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
- Ability to answer most inquiries and questions independently and follow up on requests in an efficient manner.
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to listen and communicate well both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to obtain proper security clearances as noted by contracts
Due to the urgency of project need, applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. The shortlist of candidates may be finalized prior to the closing application deadline. Therefore, candidates are urged to apply as soon as possible. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.