The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
About the job
Under the supervision of the Human resources and Administration Manager, this role provides administrative support to colleagues and external partners. This role has a country focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the country (Tunisia/ Libya). The role contributes to the development of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to country operations while overseeing country activities. Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Perform administrative task according to DRC guidelines.
- Book hotels and flights for DRC staff national and international travel and meetings.
- Receive and send official correspondence and maintain record for it.
- Attend and receive phone calls and fax messages to DRC office.
- Provide support to various departments in data entry tasks.
- Follow up and support with residency, work permits, and visas
- Follow up and support with Guesthouse management
- Perform ad hoc office tasks.
- Any other duties relating to the nature of the job as requested by the Manager.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have at least 1-year experience in similar job preferably in an NGO setting. Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Diploma in Business Administration or equivalent professional qualification
- Advanced English proficiency
- Fluency in local language
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Contract length: 6 months renewable
Level/band: Band I/Grade B
Designation of Duty Station: tunis, Tunisia.
Start date: 15th of April 2019.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 28th of March 2019.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.