Responsible for providing administrative coordination for the country office to include logistics, events management, coordination of office services, internal communications facilitation and machinery / equipment support.
- Manage all assets of the organization and regular update of Asset Management system. Conduct assets verification once a year and submit reports to the supervisor. Ensure that inventory labels are maintained on all organization equipment.
- Responsible for management and inventory control for office supplies, equipment and other goods/services.
Office facility management
- Support purchase or rental of office space and completion of related legal requirements
- Ensures timely administration of facility and maintenance issues, issues of general repair (heating and air conditioning, security, etc.) and updating (cleaning and painting, etc.).
- Responsible for administration of security and janitorial services and staff; ensures adequate security systems/process are in place and reviews them periodically; ensures that the security staff are managed effectively; provides the guidelines for monitoring the security of the premises.
- Ensuring cleanliness and upkeep of the Country Office. Maintain hygiene and kitchen supplies (sundries) inventory and distribution, by supervising office aids.
- Ensure necessary transport requirements of staff including sponsors / visitors are arranged and met. Coordinate internally and scheduling the travel arrangements.
- Manage and coordinate (maintenance, overseeing all health and safety checks, timely renewal of revenue licenses and vehicle insurance) ChildFund vehicle (including motor bikes) fleet.
Logistics management of visitors and meetings
- Management of logistic for meetings and events (ex: workshops)
- Visitor arrangements, logistics for in-country meetings etc.,
- Be In-charge of the front desk such as managing incoming and out-going calls, courier, mailing and guest relations.
Procurement of office supplies and minor items
- Support the management of procurement functions such as the tender process, grant procurements, supplier relationships and contract management for goods and services with the support and oversight through the supervisor.
- Ensure purchases are properly approved in terms of ChildFund’s published authority levels and purchases meets Standard Operational Procedures
- Manage and control the stores, maintaining records on consumables in the stores and replenishment of the store.
- Responsible for procurement of office supplies, equipment and other goods/services as required.
Any other support assigned by the supervisor.
- Manage the petty cash account(s) (collect completed petty cash request forms, verify signatures and receipts, and disburse cash if approved) in accordance with established petty cash management procedures. Verify and reconcile Petty cash vouchers.
- 4 years’ experience.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English; fluency in a local language (i.e. Tamil or Sinhalese) required.
- Good understanding of office administration practices.
- Prior experience in meeting/event planning or travel logistics.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs Excel, Word and Outlook including spreadsheet, database, accounting operations software, project management software, presentation software).
- Excellent planning, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks at the same time, work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong confidentiality ethic, demonstrate flexibility, and versatility in adjusting to changing environments and requirements as necessary.
- Demonstrated high-level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including the ability to build collaborative relationships internally and externally with sensitivity to cultural, ethnic, social and political issues.
Bachelor’s or higher-level degree preferred and/or equivalent relevant work experience in lieu of degree.
ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.