Social Impact, Inc. (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI leads a Developmental Evaluation (DE) of USAID Jalin, a maternal and newborn health (MNH) project. The DE is a three-year innovative process that provides learning and adaptive management support to USAID Jalin, and USAID/Indonesia to design and adapt programming. The DE will provide support for the Ministry of Health (MOH) Family Health Directorate (KESGA) to conduct monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of national programs supported by USAID. Activities will include assessing the national hospital mentoring program, E-Kohort and Maternal and Perinatal Death Notification (MPDN) digital application, and a study of the sustainability of USAID Jalin subnational activities.
The DE seeks a short-term administrative assistant to support logistics and coordination for data collection for the mentoring and E-Kohort assessments and coordination with the MOH. The short-term administrative assistant will work closely with the DE team and report to the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP).
In close consultation and collaboration with DE team members, the consultant will support the DE with the following tasks:
- Assist in coordinating with the MOH and related professional organizations (e.g., POGI and IDAI).
- Logistics with tracking and scheduling surveys and key informant interviews (KIIs).
- Administration with managing study expenses and providing general implementation support.
- Conduct additional tasks to support the DE team as they emerge during the consultancy period.
Period of Performance:
The period of performance for this consultancy is from February – July 2021. No travel is anticipated for this assignment, and the consultant is expected to adhere to any social distancing and other precautions associated with the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) put in place by Social Impact, Inc., the Government of Indonesia, and USAID.
Level of Effort:
The anticipated level of effort (LOE) for this position is 110 workdays with a five-day workweek scheduled as follows:
- February 2021: 10 days LOE
- March 2021: 20 days LOE
- April 2021: 20 days of LOE
- May 2021: 20 days LOE
- June 2021: 20 days LOE
- July 2021: 20 days LOE
- Experience in coordinating and providing administrative support to multiple directorates within the MOH and with subnational health system actors.
- At least 2 years’ professional experience in administration and logistical support for research or evaluation projects.
- Experience tracking and scheduling data collection processes.
- Basic experience using Microsoft Excel.
- Fluency in English a plus.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.