The Acting Finance Manager manages finances and will ensure that project resources are effectively and efficiently budgeted, analyzed, disbursed, monitored and reported in achieving project objectives and results. Additionally, s/he will oversee the preparation and submission of monthly financial statements; expense reports, bank reconciliations; and wire transfer requests. S/he will also prepare monthly, quarterly and annual expenditures reports; and prepare pipeline estimates for the project. *This position is for 3 months only (may be extended).
- Manages all financial aspects of the project and ensures compliance with RTI and US Government (USG) financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Oversees preparation and submission of monthly financial statements (including expenses, receivables, and payables).
- Ensures timely submission of expense reports, bank reconciliations, and wire transfer requests to corporate headquarters in the US.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual expenditures and prepares pipeline estimates for the project.
- Provides technical assistance as required to build financial management capacity of local partners.
- Implements and monitors cost-effective and efficient systems and procedures.
- Supervises financial support team members.
- Leads orientation/training of new finance officers recruited for IPEA.
- Trains new Full Time Finance Manager, once recruited.
Minimum Required Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Public Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field and at least 12 years of experience (or Bachelor’s degree and at least 16 years of experience) in financial and administrative management of programs in Asia (preferably in Cambodia), including experience in the management of USG-funded and/or USAID projects strongly preferred.
Skills & Abilities
- Must possess strong understanding of USAID contract policies and regulations.
- Strong financial management, organizational and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and ability to work in a team-oriented setting are necessary.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills and fluency in English. Khmer language fluency an asset.