Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to improve the effectiveness of international development programs in improving people’s lives. We provide a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations, and policies. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.
SI is seeking an Accounting Manager to take the lead on the company’s billing efforts. This position reports to the Assistant Controller.
- Sets up all new projects in SL; including Labor Categories for time & material efforts.
- Receives all change forms and ensures data is entered correctly into Microsoft SL.
- Leads billing processing.
- Maintains billing tracker.
- Processes larger/more complex invoices.
- Ensures all bills are processed by agreed upon date.
- Monitors fixed priced deliverable contracts, ensuring jobs are invoiced promptly.
- Maintains the Backlog report.
- Reconciles unbilled balances monthly and investigates aged unbilled.
- Performance monthly AR and unbilled reconciliations to the GL.Reconciles differences.
- Monitors aging of AR, ensures follow-up with clients.
- Prepares schedule for bank loan report to be submitted by Senior Accounting Manger.
- Coordinates billing activities with programmatic staff.
- Logs and tracks all close out requests.
- Ensures all close outs are processed in a timely manner or that the requester is notified of alternate delivery date.
- Monitors quarterly reporting requirements.
- Ensures quarterly finance data is provided to project staff by agreed upon date.
- Provides day-to-day direction to the Billing Clerk.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 4 years’ relevant experience or the equivalent in education/years of experience.
- Time and Material, Fixed Price and Cost Plus Fixed Fee Billing experience for USG clients required, USAID preferred.
- Previous experience with Microsoft SL preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and the ability to learn new software programs quickly.
- Ability to meet deadlines is a must
- Attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Professional demeanor and diplomatic communication skills, especially via email.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.