The Accountant will contribute to the efficient and effective financial management at GFP, by recording, analyzing and presenting financial information, maintaining record of assets, liabilities, funds, expenditures, tax liability, or other financial activities within GFP; and preparing financial reports for Senior Management Team, for Board, and for different Donors and Partners.
- Accounts payable, includes processing invoices, following up with vendors and solving discrepancies in timely manner.
- Accounts receivables, including processing invoices, producing statement of accounts, collections on overdue accounts, and accounts reconciliation when it’s required.
- Banking, processing bank deposits, including trips to the bank and all associated finance entries.
- Processing payouts and petty cash, verifying payments are within GFP procurement and financial management policies and within approved budget lines; correcting errors, questioning abnormal expenses and entering into the finance system.
- GFP credit cards reconciliation and communication for obtaining supporting documentation.
- Invoice creation and distribution when required.
- Preparing, examining, and analyzing accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Preparing accurate high quality financial reports to meet requirements of Senior Management Team, GFP Board, and different Donors and Partners.
- Assist in preparing payroll and WHT calculations and tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements.
- Assist in preparing Fixed Assets and Depreciation.
- Filing and records retention; keeping all financial information records secure by completing database backups and keeping information confidential.
- Assist with special events and projects as required. Brand items, Revenue Generation Events, Programmes Reports.
- Contributing and brainstorming ideas in support of organisation objectives.
Education, Qualifications, Competences, Skills Required:
- University Bachelor Degree essential, in accounting, finance, business management.
- At least four year’s professional experience in accounting role.
- Excellent computer skills (documents/spreadsheets/databases/presentations/calendars/email).
- Excellent spoken and written English and Arabic. Both English and Arabic are particularly important for this role.
- Interest in global current affairs, peace building and development.
- Commitment to learning and personal development.
- Specific experience of financial reporting to Donors such as EU, USAID, UN agencies.
- Knowledge of human resources and personnel management information systems.