You are responsible to lead the implementation of Action Against Hunger’s Food Security and Livelihood (FSL), Nutrition, Mental Health and Care Practices (MHCP) and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WaSH) integrated programs, the overall management of Program Team and provide support to the Field Coordinator.
- Coordinating the overall implementation of FSL, Nutrition, MHCP and WaSH integrated program
- Managing the Program Team at field level
- Facilitating the external and internal coordination within the Organization at program and support level
- Ensuring the quality, accountability and impact measurement process of the program
- Contributing to the identification of need and the formulation of on-going and upcoming project proposal
- Contributing to gender equality mainstreaming
- You have experience in external representation, external coordination, you have worked within multi-partner consortium and with local partners.
- You have experience in security management.
- You have advanced programme cycle management skills including programme planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- You have skills in budget management and donor reporting/ accountability/ compliance.
- You are pragmatic and results oriented, creative and out of the box thinker, and you have proven ability to work independently under pressure with tight deadlines.
- You are flexible and able to adapt quickly to fast pace complex dynamics and changing context, you have cultural sensitivity and experience working in conflict sensitive areas.
- You are able to manage competing priorities and large size and scope of programs / operations and are experienced in team management in multi-cultural context requiring strong communications skills and interest in capacity building.
- As per lessons learned, experience in ACF is compulsory as a big tasks will be to build the capacity of the national staff in management (Program management principles and tools, budgets management and forecast, HR management, humanitarian and ACF principles).
- Fluency in English written/spoken is compulsory.
Status: Long-term contract, provided by ACF according to the French legislation, starting on the 15th of November 2019.
Remuneration and benefits :
- Monthly gross salary from 1805€ to 2305€ upon experience.
- Per diem and living allowance: 155€ + 277€ (cf eurocost) net, field paid.
- + 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for non-French citizen.
- + Child allowance, limited to 5 children.
Transportation and accommodation:
- Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission.
- Individual room in guesthouse covered
Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:
- 25 days of paid leaves per year.
- + 20 RnR per year.
- + 215 € at each RnR period (averagely every 3 months).
- Coverage of the transportation expenses to the RnR area of reference (Thailand).
- Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©.
- Technical trainings at HQ or regional level (averagely 1 per year).
- Opportunity of coaching or mentorship.
- Participation to external trainings costs upon eligibility of the request.
This program is located in conflict sensitive environment, changing and challenging context, internal Displace camps.
There is a large sized team (5 expatriates minimum and around 250 national staff) and large size and scope of programs.
The program is implemented in multiple districts of Rakhine state including some with restricted access which implies remote management (1 main base in Sittwe plus 4 sub-bases / field offices in Maungdaw, Buthidaung, Thet Kay Pyin and Minbya).
We are looking for an experience and enthusiastic Field Coordinator, responsible for leading ACF’s operations in Rakhine state, aligning implementation to the mission strategy. The Field Coordinator provides high-level representation towards external stakeholders, as well as leadership to both program and support teams in the field. Adaptability, patience and diplomacy will be key as the position requires to wear many hats, from team leader one day, to diplomat the next, to deal with competing priorities, manage large team and large operations facing significant operational and security challenges.
The Field Coordinator will manage two deputy Field Coordinators (Program and Support), and ensure a continuous and efficient collaboration between Program and Support services for all Rakhine bases, all the while coordinating closely with the coordination team in Yangon. A big capacity building skills are required, because of limited knowledge of management by staff.