You support in establishment of presence in Tunisia with the explicit aim of establishing a presence in Libya. Main focuses will be to build relationships with other NGOs, donors, UN, authorities, hire key national staff, set up basic processes, etc.
- Registration of ACF in Libya
- Establishment of base in Libya and Tunis
- Hiring key national staff for start up
- Building relationships with key stakeholders
- Working with pool to set up initial programming
- You have the qualification to build and lead a team to establish a base in a hazardous context, and you already have previous experience in setting up programming and bases.
- You are autonomous, able to easily create network and experienced in external representation, external coordination and are able to represent ACF.
- If you already worked in Middle east or north Africa it would be considered as an asset
- If you already worked with ACF and are familiar with our process it would be considered as a plus
- You are flexible and able to adapt quickly to fast pace complex dynamics and changing context, you have cultural sensitivity and experience working in conflict sensitive areas.
- You should be able to travel to both Tunisia and Libya and be flexible to adapt to different phase of development first based in Paris, then Tunis and finally Libya.
- Fluency in English written/spoken is compulsory as well as French and Arabic if possible
Status: Long-term contract, provided by ACF according to the French legislation.
Remuneration and benefits :
- Monthly gross salary from 1805€ to 2305€ upon experience.
- Per diem and living allowance: net, field paid.
- + 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for non-French citizen.
- + Child allowance, limited to 5 children.
Transportation and accommodation:
- Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission.
- Individual room in guesthouse covered
Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:
- 25 days of paid leaves per year.
- + 20 RnR per year.
- + 215 € at each RnR period (averagely every 3 months).
- Coverage of the transportation expenses to the RnR area of reference
- Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©.
- Technical trainings at HQ or regional level (averagely 1 per year).
- Opportunity of coaching or mentorship.
- Participation to external trainings costs upon eligibility of the request.
Libya has been in a state of almost continuous conflict since 2011. Once the richest country in Africa; the protracted conflict has contributed to economic decline; the destruction of infrastructure and the displacement of hundreds of thousands of people – some 22% of the country’s 6.6 million people are affected and 820,000 require urgent assistance. One of the situation’s most complex aspects resides in Libya being a doorway to Europe; there are between 700,000 and 1 million migrants trying to transit through the country (on their way to Europe). Action Against Hunger seeks to bring its’ expertise to Libya over the next year; to build an effective and sustainable presence to help the most vulnerable in this forgotten country
Exciting opportunity to set up new programming for ACF in evolving context, where ACFs sectors are in high demand