Crown Agents USA, Inc. (CA-USA) is seeking Procurement Agent Managers for a Procurement Agent Services contract supporting the Millennium Challenge Compact for the Millennium Challenge Account (MCA) assistance to increase rural incomes by improving the sustainable productive use of natural resources for agricultural production, and improving trade and market access for agricultural products. This is an international position.
Crown Agents USA
We are change agents for greater global prosperity, delivering practical innovations in economic governance and trade; humanitarian solutions and food security, health systems, monitoring, evaluation, and learning; and, supply chain as a partner of the US Government.
As a subsidiary of Crown Agents Limited, we leverage the expertise, resources, and network amassed from over 180 years of international development experience. Crown Agents works in 100+ countries, with on-the-ground presence in more than 35 and 13 permanent corporate offices in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. We are wholly owned by a nonprofit foundation, allowing us to combine corporate agility with a commitment to reinvesting our profits in transforming lives.
Located in Washington, DC and incorporated in 1998, Crown Agents USA provides technical assistance and support to clients such as the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), the U.S. Department of State (DoS), and the U.S. Trade and Development Agency (USTDA).
Role & Responsibilities
The Procurement Agent acting on behalf of MCA shall manage the procurement process for selecting suppliers, contractors and consultants who will be contracted to provide a broad range of goods, works and services as requested by MCA in order to implement the certain activities funded by the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC).
- Serve as chief liaison with MCA in country and other stakeholders regarding activities to be undertaken under the assignment;
- Coordinate activities and information/ feedback with MCA to diligently oversee, discharge and perform all services necessary to achieve the optimum value for the monies expended by MCA while ensuring that all procurement transactions are conducted in compliance with the principles, rules and procedures set out as in the funding agreements;
- Utilize management information system, MCA-MIS, for procurement related functions.
- Education or training in procurement, business, law, economics, finance, public administration, or other related field;
- Professional procurement and logistics qualifications or specialized training in at least one or more of the following areas: agricultural productivity; economic growth; and roads construction and maintenance;
- Significant experience working as procurement professional (at least 10 years);
- Extensive knowledge of international best practices in procurement procedures especially for works contracts, project administration, contract procedures and project follow-up;
- Proven leadership qualities and experience as Project Manager/Procurement Agent; experience in managing a team of procurement professionals;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and experience in working with high level government officials and business executives;
- Fluency in written and spoken English; French language skills highly preferred
- Experience working on donor funded project in developing countries; experience in Sub-Sahaharan Africa and/or Asia is an added advantage; and
- Computer literate – Excel, Word, and procurement packages.