Brief description of the assignment: The purpose of this contract is to provide the technical support, guidance and facilitation through the Department of Nutrition, HIV and AIDS (DNHA) to achieve the technical and management oversight necessary to achieve the objectives and outcomes of Afikepo. This will be achieved by supporting relevant line ministries, training institutions and the 10 Afikepo districts to appraise, plan and implement activities in a qualitative manner, while maintaining a focus on good governance and support coordination and communication and operational research to the maximum extent possible.
The expected results of this project are:
- integrating nutrition into curricula of schools and training institutions;
- establishing a food and nutrition security information system at both national and district levels ;
- strengthening the functional capacities of both the MNNC and the DNCCs; and
- informing national policies of evidence-based nutrition-sensitive strategies and nutrition regulatory frameworks through conducting operational research.
Commencement date of the project: 1 December 2020
Duration of the assignment: 200 work days over 36 months
Qualifications and skills:
- At least a Master’s degree in any of the following: human nutrition, food and nutrition, public health nutrition, community nutrition, agriculture and food security, nutrition, food, nutrition and livelihood security, statistics, nutrition epidemiology, social sciences or economics;
- At least one year of work experience in the food and nutrition projects in multicultural environments;
- Fluency in both written and spoken English.
- At least one year of work experience in the food and nutrition projects in areas of development and operational research and analytical services.
General Professional Experience:
- At least 5 years proven experience of developing and working at a senior level with information systems on food and nutrition security with particular reference to access and consumption of food (including indicators of dietary quality and anthropometry) and nutrition governance;
- At least one year of work experience in food and nutrition projects sub-Saharan Africa and in public service institutions including government ministries in developing countries will be an asset.
Specific professional experience:
- At least one year of work experience with M&E methods and approaches for qualitative and quantitative data collection methods on food and nutrition; data processing; data analysis and reporting (using appropriate computer packages);
- At least one year of work experience in development and implementation of resource tracking systems;
- At least one year of work experience with food and nutrition related database and website designing and management;
- At least one year of work experience with EDF rules and procedures will be seen as an advantage;
- At least one year of work experience in developing and using logical frameworks or project cycle approach is required;
- At least one year of work experience of at least one contract involving of GIS and gender issues is an asset;